need new lipstick!

jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
Forgot to post this with my other color requests.....

I need a new lipstick or 2, or 3. I'm basically looking for something matte that feels very light on (I hate that heavy lipstick feeling). My coloring is light with pink undertones, and my favorite lipstick colors have always been on the light beige side - very subtle color, but not washed out looking. It needs to be something appropriate for work, basically. And of course, something that will stay on and not wear off in a couple of hours. Drugstore or dept. store brands are fine - I'm open to suggestion.

Maybe a color a shade or 2 darker for going out too?

Also, if anyone knows of a good non-sticky gloss to put over the lipstick for going out, that would be appreciated too!
3A/B hair, fine and lots of it
currently loving: Suave M&H conditioner, CurlKeeper, B&A gel

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Curl Connoisseur Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    try MAC Peachstock and Hug Me. is their clear lipglass too goopy for you?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
    I've never tried their lipglass, so I'm not sure about its goopiness. (hehe)

Thanks for the color rec! Is that one light or medium colored? The woman at the counter showed me the mattes that she had and they were all pretty dark. It doesn't have to be completely matte, just not overly shiny or shimmery. Some of the satins that she was showing me were really pretty too.....
  • rouquinnerouquinne Curl Connoisseur Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hug Me is a lustre formula so it goes on very sheer. i can't remember which formula Peachstock is, i'll look it up for you.

they're both medium range - Peachstock is beige, Hug Me is a gorgeous pink-beige-brown neutral.
    My blog:

• jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
    The way you describe things makes me want to run out and buy them! I'm writing down all the colors you're suggesting for everything, then I'm going on a little shopping trip. :D

Can I ask one more thing? Is it ok to use a makeup brush with the pressed powder instead of the compact puff? Or would it be better to just get loose powder and use it with the brush?
    i got rid of the last of my old Cornsilk loose powder when i got my MAC Sheer in the compact. i just use that instead with my big powder brush.

this powder is so wonderful, i don't want anything else on my face. :D

and i figured i don't use so much of it that i need to spend the money on loose and pressed!
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file