zits on my shoulder and back /sad

Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
i have these nasty little whiteheads all over my shoulder and upperback. since i've lost weight and spring is just ahead, i don't want these horrible lil' buggers ruining how i look!! i take special interest in them when i wash in the shower, yet they don't seem to be improving. also, the texture of the skin isn't rough, more like greasy almost. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.

Comments

• BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    My back has not been as smooth lately and I was wondering if it was from conditioner. My hair is longer now, and when I condition, my hair hit the tops of my shoulders and upper back.

I've been trying to be more careful, clipping my hair up, making sure I rise my back really good, or rinsing upside down.

Not sure if that's what is causing yours or mine, but just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    yeah, i've been thinking the same thing, Brio...but i've had them on my shoulders since i was a kid, before i knew how to care for my hair [haha].
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Registered Users Posts: 540
    You could try Panoxyl Bar. You should be able to find it at any drugstore....come in 5 and 10%.... It has Benzoyl peroxide it. Just be sure to rinse well :D
    .png
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    and don't forget to exfoliate with a soft bristle back brush!

whatever you do - DO NOT USE A LOOFAH!!!!

they really tear at your skin!!

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Registered Users Posts: 274 Curl Neophyte
    I have the same deal and a product with salicylic acid works for me. In the middle of the day I wipe off the oil with Stridex pads. I do use a benzoyl peroxide cream on some of the worse blemishes. I have them all the time, but it gets worse when I have PMS. Strangely, I don't really get acne on my face.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    modegrrl wrote:
    I have the same deal and a product with salicylic acid works for me. In the middle of the day I wipe off the oil with Stridex pads. I do use a benzoyl peroxide cream on some of the worse blemishes. I have them all the time, but it gets worse when I have PMS. Strangely, I don't really get acne on my face.

ITA ...I also use a spray bottle filled with salicyllic acid toner(Noxema Brand) and spray on right after showering. I seem to get back-acne year around. But it gets bad around PMS occasionally and sometimes occasionally in the summer.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    echokitten wrote:
    modegrrl wrote:

ITA ...I also use a spray bottle filled with salicyllic acid toner(Noxema Brand) and spray on right after showering. I seem to get back-acne year around. But it gets bad around PMS occasionally and sometimes occasionally in the summer.

Yup, me too! I also get a back facial every three or four months, and make sure one of them is right before summer. It feels so luxurious and leaves my back sooo silky smooth afterwards, and not a pimple in sight. I love them! :)
  • life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Registered Users Posts: 89
    body washes with salicyic acid work to keep skin free of breakouts. Nutrogena makes one, and Nature's Gate (found in health food stores) too.
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    And if that doesn't work, you could always try Head & Shoulders =]
    3b-3c CG
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    yes i was going to second the head and shoulders. i found about it here. the active ingredient is zinc....try it...it's cheap so if it doesn't work you're not out of a lot of money. i use my olay microdermabrasion on my shoulders and upper back too..
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file