just bought new makeup & need more.....recs??

jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
I just bought Elizabeth Arden flawless finish mousse foundation....anyone use this?

And MAC's sheer pressed powder? Got that tonight too. I really wanted Pro Set Powder, invisible, but the MAC person had never heard of it. Weird.

Now I need new blush and eyeshadow....any suggestions?

I have light skin with pink undertones, and like to keep makeup very light and natural. I'm thinking a beigy blush and light beigy/pink shadow.

Thanks!
3A/B hair, fine and lots of it
currently loving: Suave M&H conditioner, CurlKeeper, B&A gel

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jabby!

you got a foundation! woo hoo!!!

[where's the happy dancing emoticon when you need him?]

:D

if you went to a MAC counter instead of a Pro Shop, they wouldn't have the product you were asking for.

and i'm going to suggest you go back to MAC for an eyeshadow - Naked Lunch - beigy-pink, shimmering, soft, gorgeous neutral.

look at the new Tone+ blushes. very sheer, softly shimmery. i'm not sure which shade would work because the swatches online are SO different from what one would use in real life. they also have an entire line of Sheertone blushes that are NOT shimmery.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
    Well, the foundation I got does have the dreaded titanium dioxide in it, as the last ingredient. BUT.....I figured I'd give it a shot since I haven't tried any of them in a month or so now. So far, so good! My face is slightly warm (cheeks only), but not HOT like it was before, and not red at all. And the MAC powder is soooo silky!

Oh, speaking of powders, I have a question for you, Rou. I bought the sheer pressed powder, then later online saw a "blot" powder. Do you think that would be a better bet for me? My nose and forehead get really oily during the day, and my cheeks stay pretty dry.

Ok, another question....if, for whatever reason, this foundation doesn't end up being The One, is there a MAC one you would recommend for my combo skin? I like a matte finish (to all my products, it seems!).

Last question (yeah, right :wink: ) Is the Pro Set powder worth buying from a Pro store and having shipped to me? I won't be in any of the cities the stores are in within the next couple of months, so I think that would end up being my only option for trying it.

And lastly.....THANK YOU for the product and color recs!! And for cheering me on in this never-ending quest! :D
    isn't that MAC powder wonderful? i ADORE mine! and i get oily in the t-zone during the day too and it's fine. in the summer, i have blotting papers that i'll use in addition, but the rest of the year, i just touch up with the powder.

Studio Fix or Studio Tech foundations [both in compact formula] are supposed to end with a matte finish. but i'm not sure of the chemical composition. if you email MAC Customer Service through their website, they could let you know.

the Pro Set powder is really heavy stuff and is designed for working under hot lights over hours. i wouldn't use it for everyday.

and i'm very happy to help you out. my sister has multiple chemical sensitivity, so i know how hard it can be to find makeup under those conditions.
    My blog:

• hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    *pouting* rou never gives me color tips... *sniff*

:wink:
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
    That Pro Set powder doesn't sound like anything I need. Good to know I can stop trying to figure out how to get my hands on some. :wink:

Thanks again, Rou!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did you mention what color eyes you have? I usually like to pick eyeshadows that enhance my blue eyes (like grays and browns).

One word of caution, don't pick a pink shadow that is too pink. It can end up looking strange.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
    Funny you should mention really pink eyeshadow. My blonde-haired, blue-eyed, super-fair friend once decided I should be using her shadow color....very pink. She did my eyes, and I looked HILARIOUS! On her, it looks great - not real pink, but sheer and soft. On me - way too pink and just plain funny.

My hair is very dark brown, eyes are blue/green, and skin is light with pink undertones. For makeup, I tend to stick with earthy colors, as they look most natural on me. I like beige/pink combos, taupes, things like that. And pink lipsticks are horrible on me....and I've never found that perfect red either. *sigh*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    jabby wrote:
    Well, the foundation I got does have the dreaded titanium dioxide in it

why is titanium dioxide bad?? what does it do??

jabby...do you like the elizabeth arden flawless finish mousse foundation???
  • AmbrosiaAmbrosia Posts: 60Registered Users
    sorry..didnt log in...i posted the above question
    Well, the titanium dioxide isn't bad necessarily, it's just bad for me. I've developed an allergy to it. It really stinks too, because almost every makeup out there - whether it's foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick - has it in there. It's used as a sunscreen in lots of things, as a color or color balancer in others, and as a mattifier in some. Basically, it's nearly impossible to find a foundation without it. (nearly, but not entirely :wink: )

The EA foundation was really nice. It goes on very smoothly, blends great, and feels very light and not makeup-y. My only complaint was that the shine/oil on my nose and forehead came right through the makeup. And I ended up having to return it because of the titanium dioxide. poop.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    What kind of allergic reaction do you get? I have multiple chemical sensitivity and all kinds of stuff sets me off, including makeup. It's not too bad though, but it helps to know what to stay away from.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
    I get the reaction of a contact allergy.....my face gets really red and super hot - like an internal heat trapped and trying to get out. Then as soon as I wash my face, the color goes back to normal and the heat is gone. :roll:
    jabby, sorry to hear you had to return it.

my sister also has multiple chemical sensitivity and is having good luck with Almay Nearly Naked.

however, she is NOT allergic to titanium dioxide!
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file