Nars Orgasm blush-Worth it? Recs for colors for..

JENCURL2JENCURL2 Posts: 23Registered Users
other NARS blushes for someone who's pale and cool toned?
aka jencurl

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i've been using it for 3 years and it's a WONDERFUL colour!

but the new MAC Tone+ in Peachy Keen is going to become my mainstay - almost identical colour and MUCH cheaper!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • JENCURL2JENCURL2 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Thanks! Bought my first MAC this weekend-Teddy, Stubborn Brown, Shale, and Statin Taupe!
    aka jencurl
    welcome to the club!

it's time to get more.

i posted about the new collections coming out on the non-hair board. if you're a MUA member, follow the link to melissa's gallery. [i think the thread is on page 2 now.]
    My blog:

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have NARS Orgasm and it goes REALLY REALLY brown on me (am also pale and cool). Benefit's Dandelion looks the way I expected the Nars to look. I've been using it for a few weeks and am really happy with it. The color doesn't change at all throughout the day - I have BIG PROBLEM with blush going brown-y on me.
    CGNYC-So do you recommend the NARS or the Benefit? I'm ordering from Sephora and could get either. I kind of expect the Nars to be a golden pink on me. Also, I'm 29 and don't want to look like a clown. Is the NARS too glittery or shimmery?
    aka jencurl
    the NARS doesn't change colour on me, but i am a warm tone person. and i'm almost 44 and they do say women over 40 should wear more pink-toned blush to balance out their skin tone...

i don't find it too shimmery, but i am going to switch to the more subtle shimmer of the MAC Tone+.

i've heard good things about the Benefit on a makeup-addicts board i belong to, and you get a LOT of it for the price.
    My blog:

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    JENCURL2 wrote:
    CGNYC-So do you recommend the NARS or the Benefit? I'm ordering from Sephora and could get either. I kind of expect the Nars to be a golden pink on me. Also, I'm 29 and don't want to look like a clown. Is the NARS too glittery or shimmery?

I recommend the Benefit, I don't care for the Nars. It was too brown and turned more brown throughout the day. I don't think either has too much sparkle for daytime, but the Nars has more sparkle and the Benefit has a tiny bit of shimmer. And Rou is right - with the Benefit, you get a ton for the price. And it smells soooo good. The Benefit isn't golden/pinky, and like I said - the Nars is so golden it's brown on me (cool pale skin).
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    i've been using it for 3 years and it's a WONDERFUL colour!

but the new MAC Tone+ in Peachy Keen is going to become my mainstay - almost identical colour and MUCH cheaper!

Does it have the little gold glittery things in it? Is it cream or powder That is what I love about the Orgasm. Most powder blush is too matte for my taste and cream blush doesn't work for me because I have oily skin.

Orgasm looks really, really pink in the package which scared me but it looks great on me. I'm light but not fair. I'm warm/olive so perhaps it it is a color for warmer skin. MAC NC 25 - I think. The NC 3 is way too dark.

In answer to the original question, I think its worth it. It's the only blush I've ever loved.
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
    Peachy Keen has a really subtle shimmer to it and it's a very sheer powder. all of the new Tone+ blushes are shimmers. :D
    My blog:

Thanks Rou!

I'm going to a place that carries MAC on a business trip next Friday and will definitely check out more e/s and the blushes. Any recs for a blush, lipstick, or new eyeshadows? I have: Trax, Satin Taupe, Shale, Shroom, Naked Lunch, Patina, Mulch, and Seedy Pearl.

thanks!
    aka jencurl
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    I'm not Rou, but I just picked up and love the new shadestick for eyes in gentle lentil---easy to use, very wearable and versatile. You can go from a wash of color to spackled on with control. The new lustreglasses are also fabulous, less thick and sticky and almost silky texture. I could have bought every color of those they were so nice (but I didn't). Both of those are going to be part of the regular collection (not limited edition) so you don't have to pounce on them but definitely check them out.

I also have the peachy keen which I love. I liked Orgasm but seriously balked for the price and amount. Peachy Keen is similar (tho not identical) but gives me a great natural flush/lift of color. I'm caramel skin color, either neutral or warm (not sure). HTH
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
    Thanks so much! Everything helps out alot. I have the Orgasm and also Sin coming from Ebay. I will definitely check out the MAC blushes and new stuff!
    aka jencurl
    jen, in addition to the eyeshadow colours you already have, check out Coquette.

the Gentle Lentil shadestick is gorgeous, and i also love Taupographic.

the new lustre glass in Ornamental is the one i'm aching to get! :)
    My blog:

Thanks Rou! I'm printing out this page now so that I can take it with me!
    aka jencurl
    the new lustre glass in Ornamental is the one i'm aching to get!

Rou, that's the one I got---so gorgeous! My lips looked so good with that, I swear all I need is some mascara and the ornamental and I'll be good to go for an evening out.

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • curlyhockeyfan31curlyhockeyfan31 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Would the shadestick for eyes be good for oily lids?
    2/3 mix, just below shoulders, fine
    No poo since 11/25/03
    Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner, Chocolate Lust No-Poo
    Jessicurl Deep Conditioner
    Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils
    Would the shadestick for eyes be good for oily lids?

Good question. The MA who sold it to me has oily lids and said the shadestick held up for her (without using a paint or base) all day without creasing. I hopefully will try it tomorrow and let you know. My lids are moderately oily, esp in the warmer weather. The MAs all were raving about how well it stayed put tho---sweatproof, waterproof.

- Vince Lombardi
    the Shadesticks are supposed to be very long-lasting on many skin types and the colours don't fade all day! :D
    My blog:

Ack, now I want a shadestick! My lids are very oily so my shadow disappears in a couple of hours. I do like how some colors end up looking like perfectly smudged liner after that but still want something longer lasting.

But I will have to wait. Sharks tickets are eating through my budget at an alarming rate. :D
    No poo since 11/25/03
    Okay, I have had the Gentle Lentil shadestick on my eyelids for about 12 hours now. It has not budged---looks like I just put it on. Granted, I haven't been running around outside in the heat (in my lab in the AC), but I'm pretty darn impressed.

- Vince Lombardi
    Can anyone name some of the shadesticks and what colors they are? How much are they?
    aka jencurl
    ACK, now I really want a shadestick!

And if the Sharks don't get their act together I might be buying one sooner than I had hoped. :(
    No poo since 11/25/03
    jen, that's a trick question, right? "can someone name some Shadesticks?"

i didn't get to be the President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots for nothing!

Shimmersand - medium-light golden brown with a touch of pink
    Crimsonaire - clear fuschia
    Mango Mix - vibrant orange gold
    Sea Me - vibrant peacock blue
    Sharkstick - medium charcoal grey
    Royal Hue - deep grey purple
    Taupographic - medium golden taupe with a hint of bronze
    Gentle Lentil - medium dark brown with a hint of green

just from the name alone, i'd say CHF needs Sharkstick! :D
    My blog:

Thanks Rou! They all sound great. Can't wait to got to MAC next Friday!
    aka jencurl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file