sleeping disorder

Robert899Robert899 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
I'm hoping it's just dad anxiety taking over, but my son wakes up hourly. So I'm constantly trying to figure out why. I originally thought it might be gas or acid reflux, but his pediatrician doesn't think it's acid reflux. He arches his back when he "wakes" and makes an "ahhhehhh" noise. Recently, I've also heard him gasp and tonight he's coughing. He also constantly twitches his neck, sleeps with his mouth open, and sometimes snores. I swear I'm always worrying about something. I feel like the doctors are going to think I'm crazy.

Comments

• Jim 889Jim 889 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte

First, I want to thank you for sharing your story. Your condition is really common. I’m going to share with you what I think might be happening, but I will also suggest that you seek professional help. You are doing everything right and you are NOT crazy. Your son’s problems with sleep are quite common and definitely related to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can happen to anyone. It’s caused by a blockage in the back of the throat that stops your child from breathing properly while sleeping. It sounds like your child is struggling to breathe. When this happens, he actually wakes up himself to take a breath. That causes him to wake up again. That’s why he’s waking up so much. I recommend that you seek professional help through a sleep study. Your doctor will diagnose your child using a sleep study and can also show you how to use a breathing machine like Respironics Dreamstation. It will help your child get a full night’s sleep without waking up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file