What happened to my curls? And how do I get them back?

allergic_alienallergic_alien Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
I am no stranger to the curly girl method and continue to use it, but over the last two years my hair has gone from perfectly defined 3A curls to a limp 2B wave and I'm missing my old hair.

These pics are from 2019, before and after a chop. I've been cutting my own hair for 3+ years now with overally good results. As you can see, I had tons of volume and well-defined, soft curls, all with relatively minimal styling (leave-in product, some scrunching/plopping, and blow-drying without a diffuser).

Fast forward to 2020 when I decided I wanted to try a mullet  very bad decision and I'm glad I was holed up at home for most of the year

I haven't been able to get back to the original high volume bob since this. I've been growing out the bangs and some of the choppier layers for about a year now with approximately the same product routine I've always used and the max I can get is some loose waves that are flat on top.

^^Taken today. Was it my f***ed up cut that got me into this mess or something else? And has anyone rehabbed their hair back after a similar situation? I would appreciate any feedback, thank you!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file