CurlTalk

How much conditioner do you go through a month?

Hi!!!!!

I was reading the Sally's bottle of the knockoff Humectress. It made me giggle when it said "use one teaspoon" in hair. ONE TEASPOON?? Anyway, I am curious as to how much conditioner you dudes use a month? Please base this on say, a 16 oz bottle, which is the size of sally's knockoffs.

I think I may go through 2-3 16 ozers a month. But Im new and just started this routine. We shall see, Lord willing. :)

Peace2

P.S. If you use like a 32 oz bottle, just cut that in half and see how much you use so it will all be to scale!! Like if you use one 32 oz bottle a month, you go through 2 - 16 oz bottles.

Thanks!!

My 50% Cherokee/50% African-American pedigree produced: 3B/3C/4A, corkscrew curls, easy to detangle, Medium, thin-normal, dark brown hair.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    i use more than one conditioner on my hair at one time throughout the month, but i estimate its about 2 bottles/month.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    1 a month but I am scrimping
    <insert signature line here>
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Okay, this is wild, but I'm at the other side of the spectrum.

It takes me 5-6 months to use a 21oz bottle of conditioner. I do have short hair (shorter than my chin), so that's probably the main reason. I use about 3 quarters worth for each use.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • curlyjo310curlyjo310 Posts: 11Registered Users
    I use the large size and I use several brands through out the month Deep Condish from Jessicurl is used every week.
    My condish that I mix my potions with I use weekly
    and then there is my condish that I use daily.
    That is a lot of condish :D :) :shock:
    CURLS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!
    POO-LESS SINCE 1-7-04
    Curly 3-A/B Should length
    Back to Basics Condish/PM- cream/Whey Leave in Condish
    JessiCurl products: Cleansing Cream & Deep Condish (bi-weekly)
    Potions as needed from CG book!!
  • wonderlywroughtewonderlywroughte Posts: 5Registered Users
    I use about 1 regular sized bottle of conditioner for about a month and a half.
    I think I'm a 2c-3a (or 2C/3aMii)

erthe out of erthe is wonderly wroughte...
  • snaphunksnaphunk Posts: 82Registered Users
    Depends on the condish.... I have been using Suave Citrus Smoothie, and while I like how it makes my hair feel, I used an entire bottle of it in just three days :oops: I only have just barely shoulder lenght hair! I think the post about cheaper condish being more watered down was right on the money!!
  • SixFootRealtorSixFootRealtor Posts: 11Registered Users
    I bought the liter sized bottle of the Biotera condish at Sally's and was horrified to see that I went through it in about 4 weeks! Granted, my hair is really thick and it's past shoulder length, and I wash with it as well, but damn!
    2b/3a with tons of hair and CG since Nov. 10th, 2003. Currently using Biotera Firm Hold gel and any conditioner that smells good because I'm pregnant!
  • reallyLilyreallyLily Posts: 73Registered Users
    It takes me ages to go through a full bottle of conditioner. i'd say 4-5 months. I have fine wavy hair though, which isn't that dry, so I only need a dime sized amount of conditioner each time. More than that leaves my hair too flat.
    2b/3a wavy
  • out of controlout of control Posts: 8Registered Users
    I am only half way through a tube of Brilliant Brunette conditioner that I got in February. My hair is chin length, and I use about 1/2 teaspoon a day, 7 days a week.
    Michelle
    wavy/loose curls
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    I go through 1 bottle of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl Aloeba[/buylink] a month. Granted I only condition 1-2 times a week in winter. Probably will use a bit more as the weather warms.
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    Hard to say for me - I have 3 bottles of the same condish in my shower, all with different scents. I like variety in my scent choices! :) If I stuck with one scent, I'd probably go through an 8oz bottle in about a month or so...maybe 3 weeks as my hair is growing pretty fast these days.
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • Peace2Peace2 Posts: 23Registered Users
    snaphunk:

I think you are dead on about the watered down Suave. I really liked Suave Milk and Honey conditioner, but I used half a bottle in one "washing".

I am digging this Sally's Generic Nexxus. I use A LOT less of it. Soon I can see just how much I need per week, Lord willing. :)

As for you curly girls who use less than one bottle a month, I am IMPRESSED. I didn't even think to put "less than one bottle" as an option!! Wow. You go efficient curly girls! :)

Peace2

My 50% Cherokee/50% African-American pedigree produced: 3B/3C/4A, corkscrew curls, easy to detangle, Medium, thin-normal, dark brown hair.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    It takes me months to get through a bottle of conditioner, my hair is past shoulder length and quite thick. Since the beginning of December I have got through 1 and a half bottles of Got2b instant gratification conditioner. Each bottle is 8.5fl oz. So it's takes me roughly 6 months to get through 17fl oz of conditioner.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 88Registered Users
    that would probably take me almost 2 months to use up a bottle of conditioner. I've been using one for about a month now and it's half full.
    3 b/c curls with bangs.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I use 2.5 bottles of conditioner to one bottle of shampoo! About four bottles a month!
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • c*cubedc*cubed Posts: 1Registered Users
    vtsusan wrote:
    It takes me ages to go through a full bottle of conditioner. i'd say 4-5 months. I have fine wavy hair though, which isn't that dry, so I only need a dime sized amount of conditioner each time. More than that leaves my hair too flat.

Ditto. My hair is curly and of average thickness, but I still don't use much conditioner. I probably use it three times a week, and I don't use a lot. I find the whole conditioning routine a little too time consuming. When you start work at 6:30 am, you have to save all the time you can! :wink: