Some of my hair stays dry and frizzy no matter what!

ellaosb2@gmail.com[email protected] Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte

My hair is type 3c and I know which products work best with my curls to keep them moisturised and defined. However, there is a small bit of my hair on the inside of the hair on the sides and on the back of my head that stays frizzy and dry and won't curl no matter what, despite being 'virgin' hair. I deep condition every week and I have tried focusing more products on these dry areas but to no avail. Might this have something to do with hair porosity or something else? Any ideas would be appreciated as I have no idea what to do!

Answers

• Ritarita23Ritarita23 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Hi:) I too had the same issue. What I did differently is that I stopped diffusing my hair and opt for air drying my hair instead. I saturate my hair with water mixed with aloe vera gel which helps my hair retain moisture as the first step. I also tried olaplex on my hair weekly which helped in the dryness of my hair. If all these don't work I'll suggest applying oil to your hair your hair when it's dry. When I apply moisture on my dried hair, the moisture stays longer. I usually also seal my hair with oil instead of gel for added moisture. I hope one of these helps!
  • Ritarita23Ritarita23 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Hi:) I too had the same issue. What I did differently is that I stopped diffusing my hair and opt for air drying my hair instead. I saturate my hair with water mixed with aloe vera gel which helps my hair retain moisture as the first step. I also tried olaplex on my hair weekly which helped in the dryness of my hair. If all these don't work I'll suggest applying oil to your hair your hair when it's dry. When I apply moisture on my dried hair, the moisture stays longer. I usually also seal my hair with oil instead of gel for added moisture. I hope one of these helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file