Product Combos 2c

OliviaJB98OliviaJB98 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte

Hey everyone!

I am a 2c hair type who needs help defining my curls (I think I could be curlier) and refreshing after day 2! A year ago I started using SheaMoisture Bamboo Extract and Maca Root shampoo and conditioner!  Now I am ready to look at products (not currently using any) and get my technique down.  I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner about once every 5 days but struggle with it a lot.  After two days my hair starts getting dry and tangled/matted while my scalp gets itchy and oily.  I'm not sure where to start with products or how to refresh my hair.  I'm kind of just lost in general past eliminating heat and harsh chemicals.  Help!!  My hair is also kind of weird because the top layer is curly but the bottom layer is almost entirely straight even on wash day.  

Answers

• OliviaJB98OliviaJB98 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    I'm having a lot of issues with my account but hopefully, y'all can see my profile pic to help!
  • NatalieemelieNatalieemelie Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Hi, if your hair is straight at the bottom you should probably trim it. Don’t use heavy products like thick gels and creams. For hold you should buy a mousse and a light cream that’s not to heavy. I’ve ordered the cantu curl activator cream, their shampoo, conditioner and their mousse. All of them are sulfate, silicone and paraben free! Don’t shampoo your hair to often because that can lead to an itchy scalp. Also the ” As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner” is a product that is good. If you want to ditch the shampoo that co-wash is a good option. I hope this helps💕😊
  • lanasnowslanasnows Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    hi, my hair is very frizzy,damaged and curly and i need tips on how to solve that problem and i also want to know if i can define my curls with only using gel?? but anything can help please hope to hear from you soon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file