Low porosity hair with hydral fatigue?? Please help!

WavyJasminWavyJasmin Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Help! I am just starting my curly girl journey and am experiencing hydral fatigue/moisture overload. I am convinced that my hair is low porosity but it is not supposed to experience moisture overload easily. On my first day using CGM I used the SheaMoisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free Shampoo then applied the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Hair Masque all over and left in for 10 minutes while showering. I rinsed and instantly noticed that my hair seemed squishy, tangled, and frizzy while wet. I got out and applied some Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in Conditioner. It was an absolute unmanageable mess. I had to blow dry it straight. It was really soft but very fragile and had an extremely loose curl pattern. I think I this is moisture overload. I believe I have low porosity hair because I have product buildup, my hair takes a VERY long time to dry, and the strands feel flat. My hair is behaving like it needs protein. In desperation a few days later i tried something new. First I wet my hair and used the As I Am Coconut CoWash as a pre-poo/detangler. This instantly made the tangles disappear and gave me great slip. Next, I used DevaCurl Low-Poo Delight Weightless Waves Mild Lather Cleanser Lo-Poo on my scalp only to help rid myself of the buildup. Then I used ApHogee Intensive 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor as the protein treatment for my hair but not on my scalp. This product contains silicones so it is not technically CG approved. I left this in for just over 2 minutes then rinsed it out thoroughly. Next, I followed up with Living Proof Restore Conditioner mid strand down to my ends. I scrunched my hair throughout this entire process and could quickly tell that the protein significantly helped my hair. With wet hair I added some Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in Conditioner then scrunched with DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel. From here I diffused my hair until completely dry then plopped it in a T-shirt for protection overnight. The protein helped massively with regaining my curl pattern however my hair is still not what it should be. I still have a ton of frizz and my hair is stretching and snapping more easily than I'd like still. Does anyone know what I should do?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file