Which Devacurl products for giving volume to my roots?

Type2bnewbieType2bnewbie Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I have type 2b hair, fine with medium porosity
My hair routine usually involves shea mositure shampoo and conditioning, and LA looks gel with salt spray in the end
My roots fall very flat and my hair have no volume at the top. I have been researching either Devacurl wave maker, Deva curl B leave in cream and/ or devacurl volumizing form for giving my hair volume and texture but need help with this, any ideas/ experience/ product recommendation very welcome

Answers

• WavyHeadMegWavyHeadMeg Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    My hair is also 2b and very fine. I always use a bit of volumizing foam at my roots and on my lengths, with a little UDG on top and if I need it LA looks blue gel added to provide a bit more hold. The wavemaker isn't really formulated for volume, in my opinion; it's more for texture. And the b'leave in is a bit of a heavier product, not so maybe not so good just to put at the roots if what you're looking for is volume.
  • WavyHeadMegWavyHeadMeg Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    My hair is also 2b and very fine. I always use a bit of volumizing foam at my roots and on my lengths, with a little UDG on top and if I need it LA looks blue gel added to provide a bit more hold. The wavemaker isn't really formulated for volume, in my opinion; it's more for texture. And the b'leave in is a bit of a heavier product, not so maybe not so good just to put at the roots if what you're looking for is volume.
  • Ecampbell64Ecampbell64 Posts: 6Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I just came from my first Deva cut and I can’t recommend any products for folks like me with fine, wavy hair. I think the cut may be ok- she did spent 2 hours total on my hair. However as I left the salon, my hair looked the worst it ever has since beginning my curly girl journey. And that’s saying something. After the 30 minute drive home, it got worse. I had limp hair and frizz - not even sure how that’s possible. I knew from other posts here that I might not like the products, but I wouldn’t be seen in public with my hair looking like that. Much less leave a salon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file