Miss Jessie's Leave In Condish and MultiCultural Clear

BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
Leave In Condish $11 (USD)
Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, CETYL ALCOHOL , GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ALCOHOL DENAT., CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOYA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT, SPIRULINA MAXIMA EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID
Bolded ingredient is not strict CG. Alcohol denat is a drying alcohol.
Fragrance: Strong laundry detergent. Avoid if sensitive to smells because this will knock your head off.

The strong pro to this leave in is the slip. The slip is almost as good as Kinky Curly Knot Today and detangles my extremely tangly bleached hair with ease. The only con is the drying alcohol which I will revisit later.

MultiCultural Clear $14 (USD)
Ingredients: WATER, POLYSORBATE 20, GLYCERIN, CARBOMER, PVP, AMINOMETHYL, PROPANOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM EDTA, BUTANE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, HYDROYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, SODIUM BENZOATE
Bolded ingredient is not strict CG. Propanol is a drying alcohol.
Fragrance: Light airy smell. I do not believe it would irritate those sensitive to smells.

The gel is very runny. Goes on extremely smoothly and distributes easily and well throughout the hair because of the consistency. It is lightweight and a light hold. It occasionally forms a cast in places in my hair but has never formed an all over cast. I can gently scrunch and fluff my roots to release any casts. It holds my hair well for 2 days.

These two together have never caused a bad hair day. My hair is voluminous, light, and fluffy but still defined. I don't have the tight compact definition that I do with other products, but for the days that I want quick and easy light hair, these are my go to. My only gripes are these two together don't necessarily play well. When I scrunch my hair after applying the products, the gel does make the leave in kind of bunch up together. It's like the leave in doesn't like the gel that much which is odd for products of the same brand. However, it dries smoothly and fine but just an odd thing I noticed. The other gripe is for the price, why are there drying alcohols which screams cheap ingredient? There really is no excuse for this which leads to this point. As much as I love these products in my hair, I can't use them 2 times in a row because they actually do dry out my hair (or perhaps don't provide enough moisture). Besides that, I love using these products on days that I need to have my hair look good. I do recommend these products if you like a light hold, aren't sensitive to smells, and enjoy a more fluffy look. However, snag them when they are on sale or if you find them at a good price. And don't buy if you are experiencing breakage due to lack of moisture. I would say these products are good for curly hair 2b-3a range. As always, take reviews with a grain a salt. My 2b/c bleached hair is weird. And feel free to break the rules as there are none.
If you've tried these products, what are your thoughts?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file