Cantu Wave Whip

BarelyThereWavyHairBarelyThereWavyHair Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 37 Curl Connoisseur
Hello curltalkers!
After scouring reviews for the Wave Whip by Cantu (a mousse, foamy product) I decided I would just go ahead and purchase it myself for $5.99 at Target. Yesterday I used it as my only styler on day 1 hair (I used about 2-3 pumps which may have been too much) and..... I had some mixed results. While my hair felt really soft and not very product-y with NO CRUNCH at all (even though I love a good crunch), I had practically no waves. More just fluffy barely 2a waves that I haven't had in a while. I will update you all next washday when I not only clarify but I will use it under my gel and I'm thinking maybe they will work together to give me better definition. If you have drier hair and are looking for beachy, soft hair as opposed to a bit crunchy and defined hair, go with Wave Whip. 
Please let me know if any of you guys had luck with this product, and if so, what I might be doing wrong and how to use it better. 
2a/2b wavy hair 
Shampoo- Hask Coconut Milk & Honey Curl Care (Experimenting w/ this)
Clarifying Shampoo- Suave Daily Clarifying (once every 2-4 weeks)
Conditioner- Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Mask (Avacado)
Styler- ECO Gel (Krystal), Garnier Pure Clean Gel
Open to suggestions/help with my temperamental waves!
**Couldn't really think of anything else to cover my face in my profile pic so I went w/ a Capybara**
"Qué estás haciendo con tu pelo?"-My grandma

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry it didn't work out. Hopefully you can find a way to use it. I remember you asking about it. If you can't find a way to use it effectively, I'm pretty sure target takes returns on beauty and personal care items that didn't work out for you.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I've heard of using foam on dry hair as a refresh - you might want to give that a try too.  I've never had any luck at all with any mousse or foam.  They just don't seem to do anything for me.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file