Minoxidil?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Does anyone here use minoxidil?  I use the foam (which is actually supposed to be for men) but my derm. said I can use it once a day instead of how men use it (twice a day) and I've been doing that for years.  However, it doesn't play that well with curly hair so I end up having to low poo or shampoo more often than I would like.  The minox seems to leave an oily residue on my hair even though I try to put it on my scalp and avoid getting it on the hair but impossible.  If you use it, would you describe how you do so and any tips would be appreciated.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,204Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't used it, but definitely continue to get the men's version. I looked into it once and found that the men's had twice the active ingredient for the same price (or cheaper) than the women's version.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,954Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Has your hair thickened up since you started using it?  Does it continue to thicken, or does it get to a certain point and stop?

I have had times in my life that I've considered using it.  I even bought some once and used it a few times, then stopped (can't remember why - maybe just lazy).
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Brittany, thanks for your input.  Guide 65 to be honest, I don't know!  I just continue to use it.  At first my hair loss was just in back, now it's in the front as well.  I imagine that it would be worse without the minoxidil, but I can't be sure.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file