Twistedsista

mollycmollyc Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited March 25 in Hair Type 2
Hi is Twistedsista amazing dream curls gel any good. I have type 2B hair and at the moment my hair isn't the best it isn't very defined and flat and someone recommended using a gel would this be good for hair type to use on wash day and to refresh in between wash days. 

Best Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I've never heard of it, but I looked up the ingredients.  There's nothing bad in it, but it does have almond oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.  Most type 2s need to avoid oils, especially if you're experiencing flatness.  The oil will just make that even worse.

I would suggest trying Aussie Instant Freeze.  Are you in the UK?  I'm not sure if it's available there, so don't bother paying big money for it if it's not in your stores. Let us know where you're at and we can try to come up with other suggestions.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    The souffle is more of a sealer type product. If you dont like it, hopefully you can return or exchange it. If you can't, I strongly strongly suggest using three fingers dipped into the jar and whatever is on fingers, using that amount. Regardless of hair type, you have to use a ridiculously small amount of that stuff.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Oh, your hair is really pretty! Keep at it and let us know if you have any questions.

Answers

• mollycmollyc Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi thank you for replying.
    I am from the uk. I am still new to the world of curly wavy hair as for years now I just straightened my hair everyday so I’m still learning what products are right for my hair and still trying to figure out a good hair care routine. Someone suggested using gel on my hair so I order Shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curling gel soufflé after reading reviews on it as it sounds right for my hair. 
    My order came today so I used it in the morning  on damp hair I only used a small amount of the product like you said as a little goes along way with this product. This is what my hair looks like after a whole day of being out and I even got a compliment of someone I had not seen for a long time which is nice. I’m still learning about everything wavy curly so I’m still not a 100% sure on how to style and care for my hair but I’m getting there. 
    Aww thank you so much that means a lot
  • MelissaRoantreeLoveMelissaRoantreeLove Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hey @mollyc! Your hair looks similar to mine. I got confused in the comments; in your pics, is that the Shea Moisture you have in, or the Twistedsista?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file