Curl Type and Definition !

socurlssocurls Posts: 204Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
edited March 2019 in Hair Type 3
Hello everyone ! 

I have a few questions: my hair has taken the length and I feel that my curls are still changing .. Am I still in type 2C-3A ?

Oh and also: I have less definition on the lower layer of my hair, is that normal, what can I do to remedy it? I have very slightly wavy hair on the lower layer and lot of ringlets on the layer above. I use only the moisturing styling foam from True by made beautiful and curl the defining curl custard from Aunt jackie's.. I don't know if it's the right products for me..  

Thank you in advance for your answers!

I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls

Best Answers

• rabarrabar Posts: 64 Curl Connoisseur
    edited March 2019 Accepted Answer
    I agree with 2c/3a.  Your hair looks beautiful!

If those products are working for your hair, keep using them!  My curls are usually 2c/3a/3b, but all the hairs on my head range from 2a to 3c.  For me, knowing the thickness of the individual strands and their porosity is also useful when choosing products and techniques.  I haven't found any particular products that make my curls more uniform, but I try to get them to clump as much as I can, otherwise they look stringy.  You may want to check out pin-curling techniques, or finger-coiling, or different ways to apply your products to your hair, to see if that helps with getting the wavies a little curlier if you are not satisfied with having different curl sizes.

Hope that helps!
    rabar
    2c/3a/3b, coarse, med-high porosity, medium density
    formerly CG method
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Pretty as always!  You might try concentrating on putting more product on those underlayers, and with all the products you use - conditioner, leave in and stylers.  Sometimes it's hard to distribute everything evenly, and you could be missing out on that lower layer of hair.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • socurlssocurls Posts: 204 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks @rabar and @Guide 65 !

Yes it's true I do not really put a lot of product on the lower layer of my hair .. Maybe that's why!

I will try also the pin-curling techniques or finger-coiling  😊

Thanks again @ guide65 always good advice !
    I just created an Instagram account on the evolution of my curly hair journey ! 
    It will be a pleasure to find you there  :)

https://www.instagram.com/socurls/

@socurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file