Beware of Online Dating Sites Sharing Your Info...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
I just talked to a man who is on several dating sites & said that if you have talked to them the site will send you a possible friend request on FB.  That is how he found me & several other people.  I feel like my privacy has been violated.  I tried to contact POF, but you can't.  I found a phone # that went to vm & said messages would not be listened to.  No online chat with them either. I hid my acct & I plan on deleting it.   I'm going to do more research on this & try to get this stopped.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Wait, so the dating site sends you a friend request? Or some rando on the site after talking to you can get your facebook account and send a friend request? Just curious.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Apparently your info is sent to the person you talked to & then they can send you a friend request.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I think that's facebook watching everything you do online, rather than the dating site sending info to fb. Do you sign on with facebook?  I think that's one of the ways they get access to see what you do.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    No, I don't sign in with FB.
    From Michael Berg:

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry that happened to you, Lotsa.  It's so hard to control that sort of thing.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    CP, he did turn out to be a nice man & I do plan on meeting him.  I don't mind stopping the online dating.  I wasn't having any luck. 
    From Michael Berg:

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Yea I assume most online services, especially free ones(like facebook) will sell or share your data. Not much privacy online unfortunately.

Here's one article on it - 
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59vbp5/shady-data-brokers-are-selling-online-dating-profiles-by-the-millions
  • PyewacketPyewacket Registered Users Posts: 19 Curl Neophyte
    I deleted all my "dating site" accounts years ago. I never ever heard from anyone I had the least interest in anyway, and on occasion I got messages from real pervs, such as the guy who sent me a message with a lot of three letter acronyms who was apparently turned on by the fact that my profile made it obvious that I was a free-thinking self-sufficient woman. I looked up the TLAs. He was a sadomasochist weirdo who apparently thinks all strong women really want to be whipped and dominated. Plus he was fat and ugly. Last straw for me. I promptly deleted all accounts. Most of the guys on those dating sites are cheating on somebody, lying about some aspect of themselves, or weirdos such as the aforementioned perv.
    3A tending strongly towards 3B
    FINE
    High density
    ???? Porosity
  • sahrenitysahrenity Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Your dating app data is being shared with more than your potential matches. So be careful. I personally use https://wickedlist.com/ dating website. They protect your information and don't sell information to 3rd parties.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file