how old should you be....

one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
....to start using stuff to prevent wrinkles. I know sunscreen is supposed to be really good, and I already wear it everyday. Are there any more tips to be wrinkle-free in the future?

I'm 14 by the way.
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Comments

• Who Me?Who Me? Registered Users Posts: 3,181
    Use sunscreen and make sure you stay nicely moisturized.

When you're that young, i don't think any of the actual wrinkle creams, or anti-aging creams actually will do anything, but if you've got the money and the will, I don't see a problem. I'm 25 and I use an anti-aging eye cream, just because I feel like it, not because I actually think it does anything.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I wouldn't use any of the actual anti-wrinke stuff, but using a good moisturizer will keep your skin nice. I used Oil of Olay for a while with good results.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    if you read my column this month, you'll find out alllllll about it!!!!

and look for part 2 in May!!!

(yes, more shameless self-promotion from me!)

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
    rouquinne wrote:
    if you read my column this month, you'll find out alllllll about it!!!!

and look for part 2 in May!!!

(yes, more shameless self-promotion from me!)

I actually did read that! I guess that's what sparked my question. I'm gonna re-read it right now.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    you're never too young to take care of your skin - but don't wear heavy creams designed for women in their 50s and beyond. they really are designed for very dry, post-menopausal skin types.

and don't forget the sunscreen!

i'm really glad to see that you use it every day!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Moisturizers will plump the skin a bit and make it look smoother, which will slightly and temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Exfoliating with a scrub or AHAs will have the same effect. However, wearing a moisturizer will NOT prevent or remove wrinkles. That's just an advertising myth. By the same token, having oily skin will not delay wrinkling, either.

You can prevent wrinkles by wearing a sunscreen and, if you get a chance, reapplying it every few hours. Remember that many acne medications (including antibiotics) make you more sensitive to UV rays, so read warning labels if you use any. But it sounds like you're doing a good job so far!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I think mid to late 20's is probably a good age to start using anti-aging actives...if someone is interested in doing such things. Staying out of the sun is the best thing you can do for yourself now. I don't recommend using a lot of sunscreen, because teens generally have some breakout issues, and most people wear sunscreen wrong anyway (they don't wear enough and usually have a false sense of security that smearing a little bit of stuff on their face is actually doing anything). But, definitely PROTECT yourself from the sun...find shade whenever you can, wear hats, don't sunbathe purposely, and wear sunscreen for days when you'll have extended sun exposure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file