What did you do to your hair today? Week of Feb. 18

Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
Last wash day I was feeling like I wanted a change.  I get so sick of doing the same thing every single day.  So I decided to switch things up, and I used a mousse instead of gel.  It left my hair feeling so soft!  I've forgotten how my hair feels without a gel in it.  BUT - by day 2 all curls and waves were completely gone!  My hair was completely straight!  Nice for a change, but I like my waves and curls!  Today I'll go back to my usual routine with gel.  Since I have the day off, I think I'll clarify and deep condition too.
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    Pink and green spiral perm rod set
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Washed with my Shea Moisture Rose Shampoo (love) and toned the length with my purple shampoo. Let it set while I shaved my legs. My scalp felt so clean and fresh.
    Deep conditioned with SM 10 in 1 Masque and proceeded to screw up with styling.
    Like you, I tried to switch things up. Used SM Curl and Style Milk as a leave in (it does not have nearly enough moisture for this) and used SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It was ok for first day but just really really dry. It's brushed out and in a bun. I'll cowash midweek and not make that mistake again.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    I did a clarifying wash with Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo followed by an hour long heated deep treat. I found my sulfate wash!  It brought spring back to my curls without leaving it feeling or looking especially dry & frizzy.   Now to discover a routine with it. Refreshed today with just a little CJ Smoothing Lotion & JC Spiralicious.  By the look & feel I think I will be able to get day three hair tomorrow. 

@bobby - how long does it take you to get the rods in your hair.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    I did a clarifying wash with Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo followed by an hour long heated deep treat. I found my sulfate wash!  It brought spring back to my curls without leaving it feeling or looking especially dry & frizzy.   Now to discover a routine with it. Refreshed today with just a little CJ Smoothing Lotion & JC Spiralicious.  By the look & feel I think I will be able to get day three hair tomorrow. 

@bobby - how long does it take you to get the rods in your hair.
    @[email protected], I went to my salon to get it done. With the nerve damage in my arm, I don't have the dexterity to do it on my own. Probably about a half hour to get the rods in, 
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    edited February 2019
    @bobby - I get impatient when trying to put stuff like that in my hair so I quickly get sloppy  :D

I am having my best 3rd hair day ever!  It's almost as good  as my wash days (bouncy and fairly frizz free)!  The only difference really is I have less spring and more waves than curls today.  Likely due to air drying instead of using a diffuser.  I did have a a couple fat ringlets I had to tear apart because it made me look like this

This is my third wash cycle with my current routine resulting in third day hair, so I think I have finally cracked my refresh day code!  I wet my hair with hot water using my hands.  I work in CJ Smoothing Lotion then work in 1 pump gel on each side of my hair.  Scrunch with a t-shirt.  Then air dry (my hair is drying a lot faster than it did at the begining of the season).

It feels so good to be close to finalizing my whole hair routine (clarifying schedule, wash day, sleeping, & refreshing)  Just in time for my  one year curlyverery! (next month) 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I co washed last night, rinsed with cool water, styled with As I Am GroYogurt and SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Wow. Shiny, soft, voluminous waves this morning. Granted it could be all the rain causing it due to the extra moisture in the air.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I finally discovered that the reason my hair has been dry and straightish lately has been from protein overload. My hair can handle more protein in the summer than in the winter, and it turns out that the little bit of protein in my gel (Kenra Firm Hold Gel) is causing a problem in the dry dew points. I swear, my hair is ridiculous when it comes to protein!

So when I last washed my hair a couple of days ago, I really scrunched in the conditioner (didn't have time to deep treat) and made sure to use a protein-free gel. My hair turned out much better than it has recently, though still not great. I dislike the protein-free gel I had to use (Kenra Freeze Gel) because it leaves white flakes in my hair if I use too much. So many picky things to keep track of...

Day 2 hair was passable, but day 3 (today) was awful. Very straight and dry. So I put it up. Tomorrow I will wash it again, or if I don't feel like dealing with it, I will flat iron it. When my hair gets protein overload, I find that flat ironing is sometimes the best thing. My hair is almost straight at the point that I flat iron it, and since it has too much protein anyway, a little bit of damage is a good thing, IMO!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    @Guide 65, I have the same thing happen with mousse. Sometimes I find that mousse works better on refresh days, when I already have some gel in my hair.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • orangeserendipity32orangeserendipity32 Registered Users Posts: 313 Curl Connoisseur
    Refreshed my 3rd day hair with Shea Moisture hold and shine mist and then scrunched in SM curl and style milk.  Had quite a bit of frizz as it dried soI smoothed a little Curls passionfruit curl control paste when it was all dry.
    2c?/low-med porosity/medium texture
    Cruelty Free & CG
    Winter Routine:
    Co-wash: As I Am or Nubian Heritage Indian hemp and Tamanu
    Low-Po: Acure Argan Oil and Pumpkin Mega Moisture
    Condish: Acure "
    LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers: Mop Top curling Custard, Max Green Alchemy scalp rescue sculpting gel, Dermorganics spray gel as finisher, SOTC w/ Curls passion fruit control paste
    Refresh w/: Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus hold and shine mist and jojoba oil
    DT:  A variety of Shea Moisture 

http://public.fotki.com/orange32
    pw=ringlet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file