Any Attorneys Here....I Need Some Advice.

LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
This for my daughter.  I feel she is being taken advantage of.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't think there's anyone here, attorney or not  :/
    Hope your daughter's ok.
    3b in South Australia.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Her ex husband died 3 years ago this May & it is so ongoing.  She is now told that she owes $30K in back taxes for her husband.  I told her that this should have been in the divorce decree to where she would only be responsible for half of that.  Her attorney wants $3K from her & then have her make payments for 2 years on a reduced amount.  I also asked her if she was filing for earned income credit for her children.  She said that she knows it shows for 2 dependents.  I told her that is different.  What she would get back could go towards the debt.  These people should know all of this. 
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    You could try asking on Reddit, in the legal advice subreddit.  There are lawyers there, and the mods are pretty good at keeping the riffraff out.  https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Thx
    From Michael Berg:

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    You need to consult a professional who specializes in tax law.
    She has her meeting tmrw.  Will see how it goes.  
    From Michael Berg:

I hope it goes well for her. It's ridiculous the way these things drag on and the fact that they weren't even together when he died just makes it worse.
    3b in South Australia.
    This has been dragging on for almost 3 years now.  So exhausting.  
    From Michael Berg:

Any good news for her Lotsa?
    3b in South Australia.
    No.  The IRS just wants the money.  They don't care.  
    From Michael Berg:

What a pain, I just don't see how this is in any way fair.
    3b in South Australia.
    I know.  I don't understand it either.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file