What did you do to your hair today? Week of Feb. 11

Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
I've been experimenting with a new gel - Orange Marmalade from Ecoslay.  I don't even know why I bought it.  I guess I got caught up in the hype.  It's FSG with other stuff in it, and it's a hard hold gel.  After I bought it and before I got it in the mail, I was kicking myself for wasting money.  I really didn't think it would work for me.  But now that I've tried it, it's not too bad.  I'm not super wowwed, but it works ok.  There's no protein, so that's not good for me.  So I'm going to alternate it with my UDG.  It might be even better in the spring.

What's new with your hair?
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• cnic216cnic216 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 157 Curl Connoisseur
    Got a curly cut on Friday. I shortened the layers that she put in last time to get a bit more volume and cut my bangs so I have an entirely  new shape. I love it! 

I'm also learning just how fine my hair really is. I don't think I can use creams to style anymore. I'll have good definition on day 1 but after that, I begin to lose that definition and my hair, even on day 1, feels like I have product overload and is so greasy, but feels dry at the same time. 

After my cut my stylist used Innersense shampoo and conditioner (I'm not sure which line she used) and Innersense I create volume and I create hold and it was a great combo! @Guide 65 I definitely see what you mean about there being a learning curve with Innersense products. I've been refreshing at home with my usual UFD gel and Camille Rose coconut water leave in. Such a difference! My hair is still bouncy and hydrated but does not have the greasy/product-y feeling it usually does on my day 3+ hair. 

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I clarified with Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo (still hate this shampoo) and dc with SM Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque. Styled with SM JBCO leave in (finally used it up, now to a new leave in) and eco styler gel. I wish I had just straightened my hair though. The curls are fine, but I have a meeting late tomorrow night and then another thing at 7 am on Wednesday in a city one hour from my house. Then to work after that. It will be a busy week and I am hoping my hair can get through it without causing me to much stress.
    Also, the orange marmalade looks interesting. Is it one of those Instagram products? Asks someone unfamiliar with instagram.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    I clarified with KCCC. I used less of ArcAngel this time, but still used too much.  The verdict is still out on this stuff. It holds my curl definition really well,but I there seems to be a learning curve on this gel.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • oceankascurlsoceankascurls Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 32 Curl Connoisseur
    Mad that I can't find a repuatable retailer for devacurl in Australia :/. Discovered that cold washing my hair was actually bad for my low porosity hair, started using warm water/medium blowdryer heat to style and my curls are looking a bit better !
    2B, 2C, 3A | low porosity | high density | medium-course

Shower Products:
    Conditoner: Innersense Hydrating Cream
    Cleanser: Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Clarifying Shampoo: Noughty Detox Dynamo
    Deep Conditioner: Nougthty To The Rescue

Styling Products:
    Volumizing Foam: Innersense 'I Create Lift'
    Cream: Davroe Curl Creme Definer
    Finishing Spray: Innersense 'I Create Finish'(looking for a new one)
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious/Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I washed my hair a couple of days ago, and I knew I should clarify but didn't. Well, that was a mistake, because my hair looks awful (it barely held waves for even a day), and it feels coated, almost like it has silicones on it. I broke down and straightened it tonight to get one more day out of it. I'll probably wash it again tomorrow.

I'm lamenting that I didn't have my stylist cut more off of it when I had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. I might give her a call to see if it would be a lot of work to add one more layer at the top and chop some more off the bottom. I think part of this is the winter blahs, wanting a change.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    @BrittanyM, I heard about the Orange Marmalade in one of my facebook groups.  It's gone viral through that group, and it's starting to spread out into other groups now.  The woman makes it in her own kitchen, so she got backed up pretty bad.  But she let me know when I placed the order that there would be a delay. 

Current products:
    Ugh. My hair has barely made it to second day and is bordering between being sexy wild and just madwoman. I went too much with the leave in and I'm afraid that if I brush it out tonight, it will look greasy for my thing tomorrow morning. And no time to wash tonight. Sigh.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    3rd wash day with Arc Angel.  I think I used the right amount this time.  I don't know how I feel about my hair though. My curls are soft and bouncy. I'm looking really type 3.  But it looks and feels more frizzy to me.  This gel is teaching me the difference between curl definition control and frizz control.  And I think I have to choose which one is more important to me.  :'( 

I am going to use Spiralicious next wash and  if I love my hair I am ditching this polyquat free journey and putting my efforts in finding a wash/clarify routine. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Spiralicious is my holy grail. I love what the stuff does to my hair.

I washed with JC Cleansing Cream and conditioned with DC One Conditioner.  I left some of the One Conditon in as leave in and added CJ Spiral lotion and JC Spiralicious.  I added a little extra gel after I scrunched out the excess water (will skip this next time).  Diffused to 50% than added a cocktail of Spiral Lotion and Spiralicious and diffused to dry.  

edited February 2019
    Getting ready for my hair appointment. 😂  My stylist uses DevaCurl & some other brand (I forget what).  I’ve been getting her hooked on Jessicurl products so fingers crossed she starts carrying it!  I’ve never imagined bringing my own products to hair appointments before going CG.   It makes me wonder if any bad hair appointments in the past weren’t due to a bad stylist, but my hair hating the products because man, my hair hates a lot of things common in hair products CG or not. 

Tink, you’re making me want to break out the Jessicurl product I bought a while ago.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    @tinksaysboo, I've been curious about the spiral lotion.  Do you like it?  Is it a creamy consistency or like a clear serum?  
    Current products:
    @Guide 65 I love it! I just ordered a 2nd bottle.  It's a cream consistency.    It's been great at helping me maintain moisture in the winter months.  It's the only cream based curl enhance I have been able to use without making my hair look greasy. 

• BarelyThereWavyHairBarelyThereWavyHair Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 37 Curl Connoisseur
    This week I got a silk pillowcase! Only my third day with it, so I'm not entirely sure how it's been working but I washed tonight so I'll see how it looks in the morning. My day three hair yesterday worked out really well even after working out, so I'm pretty excited with how my hair has been turning out. I think I have finally found my ideal winter routine (as spring approaches, of course) which has been cocktailing a sea salt- avocado mask spray I made with the Pure Clean Gel by Garnier for curl definition and the ECO Gel for hold. I have gotten some ringlets under my barely 2a hair that has made all this awful winter hair struggles worth it! Will update on how the hair progresses :smiley:
    @tinksaysboo how did your hair appointment go? I have been debating whether or not to get a cut or not. Currently, I'm at shoulder length. I really just want to cut my own hair since no one anywhere near my area specializes in my type of hair. I don't think I can face another brushed-out triangle cut!
    2a/2b wavy hair 
    Shampoo- Hask Coconut Milk & Honey Curl Care (Experimenting w/ this)
    Clarifying Shampoo- Suave Daily Clarifying (once every 2-4 weeks)
    Conditioner- Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Mask (Avacado)
    Styler- ECO Gel (Krystal), Garnier Pure Clean Gel
    Open to suggestions/help with my temperamental waves!
    **Couldn't really think of anything else to cover my face in my profile pic so I went w/ a Capybara**
    "Qué estás haciendo con tu pelo?"-My grandma

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file