Can you/How do you oil hair with hair products in it?

lunalovesgood10lunalovesgood10 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
 So I have 2a/2b hair virgin hair and up to now I don't really put anything in it besides argan oil, but recently I have been experimenting with mousses and Its a 10 keratin spray (not sure if that works with this method) but I was wondering if it is still possible to do hot oil treatments on hair with products already in it? Does the product not get in the way of the oil getting absorbed into the hair/scalp?

Also, would love some feedback about products for 2a/2b, medium thick, low porosity hair.

P.S. I just bought the wet brush and would love some product/brush recommendations. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome to CurlTalk! 

It's a 10 is not CG, if you follow that method.  I don't know about the hot oil treatments - I don't use oil in my hair at all.  But I would think it's ok.  Styling products don't form a complete barrier, so the oil should still work.  Give it a try and see if it works the same way.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• lunalovesgood10lunalovesgood10 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I truly appreciate it. I ended up returning Its a 10 and decided to go through more articles here to find a product to try. As for the oiling, I've been trying to find articles about it but I guess, I'll just have to try it for myself and see? I'll definitely post what I learn!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oil will typically be able to penetrate through products giving enough time.
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I will use a hot oil treatment once in awhile.. Especially in the colder months!  As a habit, I always do a clarifying wash before the treatment to get rid of any buildup and start fresh. 
    2C Fine, long hair, a ton of it. Blonde balayage. East Coast Canadian. 

Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo
    Monthly Scalp Cleanse: Baking Soda/Conditioner/Peppermint Essential Oil
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner
    Styling: Devacurl Volumizing Foam, Devacurl Wave Maker, Garnier Curl Treat Jelly
    Refresh Day: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle, Devacurl Supercream
    Deep Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Treatment

My whole wash routine is upside-down... detangling, rinsing, applying products, scrunching, diffusing... the bigger the waves, the better!  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file