3a hair gone suddenly limp

Michal.crumMichal.crum Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
My hair is 3a. I’ve been co-washing for years but I also have had 3 babies in the past 5 years and I have scalp trouble, so I’m constantly having to make adjustments and change up my routine. I use a combination of Shea Moisture and Garnier Fructis shampoos and conditioners, all cone-free and sulfate-free. Lately, my hair seems to be going limp. I used to get 4+ days of curl out of a single wash. But now I sleep on it one night and it is just limp in the morning. I’m sure it’s a combo of weather, hormones, and routine problems. But what can I do? My hair isn’t long enough to pineapple. If I use a bandana to tie it up it flattens out the side hair. So I just sleep on it. My hair is thick—lots of it, and a fairly think shaft, too, though I would not say coarse. Can anyone give me advice? 

Best Answers

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Do any of your products have protein in them?  Hair suddenly going limp is a sign that you might need protein.

If you aren't sure, find the ingredients online and copy and paste into https://isitcg.herokuapp.com.  It will then categorize all of your ingredients by type (protein being one of the type)
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • Michal.crumMichal.crum Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks that’s helpful. I’ll check. 

Answers

• Michal.crumMichal.crum Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    I checked, and it turns out my hair products do have protein, but apparently the Garnier shampoo/conditioner that I recently switched to are decidedly NOT CG friendly. I guess I should have put 2 and 2 together since my hair went south around the same time I started using them. 🤦‍♀️ So glad I asked and you helped! 
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    What ingredient did it say wasn't CG Friendly?  That can help determine why it made your hair go crazy
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file