Curl definition

Talitha96Talitha96 Registered Users Posts: 16 Curl Novice
Last time after i’ve showered i used one product (KKKT) and i seem to have great curl definition and i putted Some more in my hair and twirling Some sections and that def helps but yesterday i did the same routine but my curls just falls frizzy and flat and i used less product?

Anyone knows why? Maybe not wet enough or waited too long? I have very thick hair so it takes an hour to do my hair in sections but that way i get great curl definition most of the time so i don’t get it, and btw my hair was damp but its always like that and its the first time i have this problem.

My hair gets curlier with time its gotten from 2b/2c to a solid 2c/3a and it’s very long. 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe you need to use more product.  Or maybe it had to do with the weather - did the dew point change?  It could also be that you need a protein treatment, or maybe you have too much protein in your hair (KCKT has no protein). 

I hate those times when you do everything the same way as always, and you get an unpredictable result! 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Talitha96Talitha96 Registered Users Posts: 16 Curl Novice
    edited January 2019
    Guide 65 said:
    Maybe you need to use more product.  Or maybe it had to do with the weather - did the dew point change?  It could also be that you need a protein treatment, or maybe you have too much protein in your hair (KCKT has no protein). 

I hate those times when you do everything the same way as always, and you get an unpredictable result! 
    Yeah i guess i maybe need to use more product. The weather right now is really cold like -1 degrees. It was also cold last week but it was just like 4/6 degrees, so i don’t know if that matters much.

I only have proteïn (hydrolyzed keratin) in my conditioner but it was always my fave, for example if i use another conditioner my hair really hates it. 

I suspect that it has something to do with the fact using more product bec it’s really fluffy and not defined at all and maybe a combo of the weather. 2 weeks ago i deep conditioned with Shea Moisture 10 in 1 but that’s a combo of Moisture/proteïn and i really get great curl definition of it. Right? I really hate it that when you do the same your hair turns out differently ugh 

what do you use overall?
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    It sounds like your hair likes protein.  But don't go all out and use protein everything!  If you normally get good results with what you're using now, then keep on with them.

The air temperature doesn't mean much when it comes to hair, what's important to look at is the dew point.  The dew point may or may not change with the air temps.  I was checking the dew points this summer, and even though the air temps ranged from 20-30C and above, the dew point stayed the same. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file