Finger coiling doesn't work for me :(

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
I've been trying to get a "neater" more uniform curl pattern in my mostly 2c with one 3a ringlet hair.  So I tried finger coiling.  Epic failure.  Big, fat, ugly messy weird ringlets.  Is it because my hair doesn't have any ringlets naturally, except the one?  What do you do, if anything to get a more uniform curl or wave pattern?  Any youtubers that you recommend I watch?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• cnic216cnic216 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 157 Curl Connoisseur
    I've seen a lot of people use a Denman brush or a tangle teezer with help defining curls. I've personally never had any success with either, but it seems to be pretty popular. Here's a youtube video that I think is helpful. 

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    cnic216 Thank you!  It was so kind of you to post the video.  My hair was such a mess after I tried finger coiling that I totally rewet it and just scrunched and it came out quite nicely, so maybe I'm just not a good candidate for finger coiling.  But since I actually have a Denman brush I'll try it, maybe even better results.  :)
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file