Just for fun... calling all long haired wavies

RoanlivingRoanliving Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 23 Curl Novice
I'm working on growing my 2a/b hair out and I'm always looking for inspiration to continue my hair adventure. I'd love to see pictures of your hair! My current length, about 1.5/2 inches below collar bone.

Comments

• WavyHeadMegWavyHeadMeg Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 24 Curl Novice

Mine reaches down to the bottom of by bra band in the back. A little shorter in the front. It was 2b when it was shorter. The longer it gets it's 2a. It's a challenge to keep waves lookin' perky as length increases! 
  • RoanlivingRoanliving Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 23 Curl Novice
    @WavyHeadMeg your hair is beautiful! I love your 2a waves. They looks so healthy 
  • WavyHeadMegWavyHeadMeg Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 24 Curl Novice
    @Roanliving thanks! 
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Registered Users Posts: 56 Curl Connoisseur
    Winter weather destroys my waves.. Ah well. 
    2C Fine, long hair, a ton of it. Blonde balayage. East Coast Canadian. 

Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo
    Monthly Scalp Cleanse: Baking Soda/Conditioner/Peppermint Essential Oil
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner
    Styling: Devacurl Volumizing Foam, Devacurl Wave Maker, Garnier Curl Treat Jelly
    Refresh Day: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle, Devacurl Supercream
    Deep Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Treatment

My whole wash routine is upside-down... detangling, rinsing, applying products, scrunching, diffusing... the bigger the waves, the better!  
  • Libby_Libby_ Registered Users Posts: 26 Curl Novice
      The top two pics were from just a few weeks ago right before I got a big chop. The last picture was just a few days ago. I'm hoping it grows quickly. While I am loving the length and howbhealthy it is right now, my intentions with chopping it was to make it healthier and my layers closer together to grow it long again. My hair grows so much faster following the curly girl method so I'm hoping it doesn't take too long!
    Curly Girl as of December 2015
    2B/C Waves
    normal/high porosity
    current hair routine: 
    Low-poo: Shea Moisture coconut and Habiscus
    CoWash: As I Am Coconut Cowash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Habiscus 
    Styling Cream: DevaCurl Styling cream
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel or
     LA Looks Gel (Yellow)
    plop 30 minutes
    air dry or diffuse on low heat and power
     Just got a "big chop" after going through a phase of occasionally heat styling again for a few months 
  • wavydirtyblondewavydirtyblonde Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 9 Curl Neophyte
    I've got below shoulder length hair that I'm trying to begin the curly girl method with. So far it's been a TON of trial and error, and sometimes the length feels like it's weighing down what could be more curl. I'm trying to embrace what I get, but I'm still figuring it out!. 
  • mannyshairrmannyshairr Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 13 Curl Novice
    edited February 2019

somedays I get good definition with my 2a hair like above on wash day (hair is below boob) and sometimes it holds a little less well, see below, but that could be due to me still trying to figure out the right routine and product concoction for my hair! Lol... the wind also destroys my waves and sometimes if I dont use enough protein, it falls flat quicker. xx

• quebecoiseusaquebecoiseusa Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Image may contain one or more people

I am not sure what type I am but here it is. I got some layers in last week. I am new to the CG method and I am really looking forward controlling that frizz! 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file