Overdone the curl cream - what to do?

DebsCurlsDebsCurls Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi there
i am one day 1. I feel like I overdid the curl cream was part of the LOC after my washing with conditioner and then conditioning stages.

what do you do if you have put too much product in? Just go with the flow? Or something else?
thanks!
deb 

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,795 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I usually just live with it for that day, try to eek out a second day if I can (putting it up if it looks bad), or else just wash it and start over.  Updos tend to be good for those times because it helps to have your hair a little bit dirty to keep everything in place!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• DebsCurlsDebsCurls Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Eek - didn’t spell check sorry. I overdid the curl cream AS part of the LOC.
    and I am on (not one) day 1.
    sorry! 
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 388Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I can't LOC or LCO without looking like a I spent the night in the gutter, yet I periodically try as I have moisture retention trouble.  Washing is the only thing I can ever do, unfortunately. But I do suggest trying @Guide 65;s suggestion of an updo for the day.

Are you CG?  If not you might want to look into dry shampoos to try to prevent having to wash.  

2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  JessiCurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    *currently trying BeautyCounter Smooth & Control Conditioner 
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCrul Heaven In Hair
    Stylers: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion & JessiCurl Sprialicious Gel  all over; JessiCurl Rockin Ringlets on select areas
  • DebsCurlsDebsCurls Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Thanks Tinksaysboo. I think I am trying to be a CG.

Started the other day: "washed" with conditioner. Then conditioned. The LOC. Then t-shirt around my head for 1/2 an hour or so.

Does this qualify as a CG?

thanks

Deb

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 388Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    CG is avoiding products with silicons and sulfates.    CG approved dry shampoos are hard to come by which is why I would only recommend going that route if you aren't avoiding those types of ingredients. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  JessiCurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    *currently trying BeautyCounter Smooth & Control Conditioner 
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCrul Heaven In Hair
    Stylers: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion & JessiCurl Sprialicious Gel  all over; JessiCurl Rockin Ringlets on select areas

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file