Just Dreaming

RoanlivingRoanliving Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 23 Curl Novice
I would love to find a brand that focuses on wavy hair products specifically. I know a lot of brands have lines and products for wavy hair but could you imagine how much simpler wavy hair could be if one brand devoted it's time to understanding and working with wavy hair specifically? I'd love to start a brand myself but have no idea where to start. 

Sorry, day dreaming over. 

Comments

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    I think this is a good idea in theory, but wavy hair isn't all that different than curly hair when it comes to curl care.  I think misconceptions that get passed around in the curly hair community makes one think that wavies are their own special snowflake. That being said,  many wavies have issues with curls getting weighed down, so they avoid heavy products but then run into the struggle of not getting enough moisture.   But then again, low porosity and fine hair curlies would probably love that line just as much as wavies since they  have trouble absorbing heavy products!  

What type of differences do you see in a line for "wavy hair"?
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • RoanlivingRoanliving Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 23 Curl Novice
    I suppose that's more specifically what I had in mind. I think I just see morewaves, includingmyself, struggling to find the right products because many are too heavy and geared toward other hair types. 

I would amend it by saying people with fine fair that struggle to find a protein/moisture balance without getting weighed down. Ideally it would not include any butters or heavy oils and other ingredients like that  
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    My dream is that all the products that I love and use all the time would be available all from the same store!  Everything that I buy I have to get from different places.  Deva I can buy on the ground or online, but it's cheapest at my local beauty supply store.  Innersense has to be bought online - that store carries Deva, but more expensive, and does NOT carry Curl Junkie.  The online store that I get Curl Junkie from has Deva, but no Jessiecurl.  And then every time I buy online, I have to either pay for shipping or order enough products to get free shipping.  If I could just order everything from one place, it would be so much easier!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file