Looking for NYMN reviews

RoanlivingRoanliving Posts: 23Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
I want to try a shampoo/conditioner combo from NYMN. I've been particularly interested in the green, dark blue and black bottles. Also, any thoughts on a leave in and styling product from NYM? 

I have 2a/b, medium density, medium strands, possibly high porosity, shoulder length hair. It gets weighed down easily and gets oily at the roots within 2 days or so after washing. 

Current routine: sulfate shampoo and silicone conditioner (looking to change), KCKT raked in and scrunched on dripping hair, sometimes use KCCC for a little extra hold (glazed, raked and scrunched).

My goals are hair growth and a wash and go routine like I have now. I'm not too concerned with extreme definition, just minimal poof and frizz. 

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,947Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Somewhere I saw an infographic that said which of their lines is heaviest and which is lightest.  Of course I can't find it now. 

NYMN is not available in Canada, so I don't have a lot of experience with it.  I have the pink shampoo/conditioner, which is too heavy for my hair.  This is their heaviest line.  The dark blue one is what I want to try, next time I can get some.  What I remember from that infographic is this - from heaviest to lightest:

Pink - yellow - purple - light blue - dark blue - green - red - black. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 539Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 7
    I actually used all the NYMN line and I really liked them for the price!  Here is lightest from heaviest

Red
    Black
    Purple (labeled as for fine hair)
    Dark Blue (has coconut)
    Yellow
    Green
    Light Blue (has coconut) 
    Pink (labeled for curly hair) 

I liked the purple conditioner as a co-wash, the yellow conditioner as a leave in, and the Pink as a rinse out conditioner.  The yellow line has an actual formulated Leave-in, but I preferred the conditioner.   The deep conditioner in the green line was my jam until I discovered my hair doesn't like green tea.

I've never tried the curl enhancer in the pink line, but have heard good things about it! 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
    That's the thing I was looking for!  Next time I get a chance to buy some, I think I'll try one in the 4-5-6 range.
    Current products:
  • Azalea38Azalea38 Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just started using the pink curly line.  Anyone had much luck with it??  I think my hair is protein sensitive so I’m hoping to see good results from these products.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 539Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've only used the conditioner in the pink line, but do like it as a rinse out.  It's my go to drugstore brand. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • Azalea38Azalea38 Posts: 12Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I feel like I’m shedding more since I started using it.  I hope it’s just a transition period, as I’m switching from products that had 2 different types of proteins.
    @Azalea38, it could be because it's springtime.  A time of growth and all that.  As new hair grows in, the old gets shed out.  I've started noticing a lot of shedding too, and I'm assuming it's just a new growth cycle.
    Current products:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file