Anyone tried BeautyCounter Hair Products?

tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
I am going to be out of conditioner soon, so I wanted to purchase a new one solely based on the ingredients.  BeautyCounter's Smooth & Control conditioner won.   Now that I've ordered it I've been looking for reviews from curlies....... but I can't find any.  Now I am super nervous and thinking "what have you done?!? That stuff ain't cheap!"

Have any of you tried BeautyCounter's hair products?  What were your results? 
2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I've never heard of it before.  Let us know how you like it - it looks like a good company and products.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2018
    I have never heard of it either. But if the ingredients are good, I don't see why it wouldn't do good for curly hair. As far as shampoo and conditioner (that are CG friendly), I don't notice a difference in straight and curly hair but styling products definitely since curly hair products work better for curls (obvious) and pack more moisture than straight hair stylers.
    And yes, please let us know what you think. You are a pioneer.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Not familiar with it. Look forward to your review. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    So I used it this morning and so far so good!  I feel like I have less frizz than normal.  The real test is how my hair looks at the end of the day!  I have issues with moisture retention so always on the lookout for something that keeps my hair looking moisturized all day. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

That’s good. I’ll have to look into the brand and put them on my products to try list.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2
    The brand itself is quite interesting to me.   They are all about clean ingredients and are even campaigning for the US to start banning more  harmful ingredients used in Beauty products. 

Fun statistic I learned from their website: 

Over the past two decades, the European Union has banned close to 1,400 chemicals in the product formulas of personal care products and restricted the levels of over 250 more in such products. The United States has only partially banned 30 to date.

Yeah, our government isn’t too eager to regulate private businesses even for the health of people or the environment. And don’t even get me started on pet products to which there is very little regulation or research.
    edited January 3
    End of day update:

It didn't prevent halo frizz, but my halo frizz seems weighed down. My halo frizzy usually turns into coarse kinky curls.  But the frizz looks more straight.  It's a probably an in my head, I'm looking for something wrong with it, type of thing.

What I can be positive about, my hair is still shiny looking.  It usually starts to get dull/dry looking by the end of the day. 

edited January 10
    I hate that I'm getting good hair with this conditioner.  It's $28 for 8.5 oz!!!  And it doesn't qualify for free shipping so the total came to $36.  This is almost half the size of DevaCurl's $24 conditioner  (12 oz).  I also get free shipping and samples when I order DevaCurl (I haven't bought mascara in a long time  thanks to sephora smaples!)

I am really hopping that after I use up this bottle and finish up the DevaCurl I notice no difference!  

That's the reason I don't buy expensive products. I'm afraid they will make my hair look really good. Haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file