how do i sleep on my hair?

lolarose__lolarose__ Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
so i take very good care of my hair and i use all the products that i should. i have 3a/3b hair and i've tried everything (pinneapple, silk cap, etc) to sleep on my hair but it always falls flat or deformed in the morning. my hair is medium length and i'm seriously frustrated at this point! please help!

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Wearing your hair in a pineapple and sleeping on a silk pillowcase are the most popular ways to sleep with curly hair.  You could also try medusa clipping (look it up on youtube), wearing a buff over your hair, or covering your head with a silk cap or scarf. 

Most of us have to do some refreshing on day 2, by rewetting and adding a little more product. 

But the most important thing to get good day 2 hair is to get good day 1 hair.  Try using more gel, or a harder hold gel. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• lolarose__lolarose__ Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Guide 65 said:
    Wearing your hair in a pineapple and sleeping on a silk pillowcase are the most popular ways to sleep with curly hair.  You could also try medusa clipping (look it up on youtube), wearing a buff over your hair, or covering your head with a silk cap or scarf. 

Most of us have to do some refreshing on day 2, by rewetting and adding a little more product. 

But the most important thing to get good day 2 hair is to get good day 1 hair.  Try using more gel, or a harder hold gel. 
    thank you!
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    I also suggest sleeping in a hair buff.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a satin bonnet guy. 
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"