What is my curl type? Please help me....

losthairgirllosthairgirl Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have been trying to go natural off and on for years and each time my hair texture is somewhat different. This time I am still transitioning, but this is how it looks.. How long into transitioning will I know exactly what my permanent hair type is and what is my hair type as of right now? The looser curls are from a previous attempt to go natural. The tighter curls are my current hair texture.

Best Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    It looks like it will be 3c. Very beautiful! Congrats on starting your journey! Stick around and find some tips and others who can help you along the way!
  • cnic216cnic216 Posts: 157 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    It looks like you'll be in the 3c/4a range to me. It can take a while to see what your permanent texture will be, most likely 6 months - 1 year depending on how quickly your hair grows. Patience is definitely a virtue in this situation. Don't give up and keep up with healthy hair habits. You will thank yourself later when you see how healthy your hair becomes! Good luck! 

Answers

• losthairgirllosthairgirl Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cnic216 said:
    It looks like you'll be in the 3c/4a range to me. It can take a while to see what your permanent texture will be, most likely 6 months - 1 year depending on how quickly your hair grows. Patience is definitely a virtue in this situation. Don't give up and keep up with healthy hair habits. You will thank yourself later when you see how healthy your hair becomes! Good luck! 

Thank you guys! Do you think my curls could be loose like that due to heat damage 
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you guys! Do you think my curls could be loose like that due to heat damage 
    Most definitely.  Heat damage can be permanent (depending on the how damaged it is) so you may have to wait for the hair to grow out to see the true texture. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • cnic216cnic216 Posts: 157Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @losthairgirl Yes, absolutely. If your is damaged in any way, especially from heat, you're going to either have a looser curl pattern or no curl pattern at all. Eventually, you will probably have to cut the damaged portions off as there is no way to get those sections back to health. If you want to keep your length, you can grow out your hair and little by little but the damaged portions off. 
  • curlyRossscurlyRosss Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi lovely @losthairgirl ,
    It looks like you're still going through transition as I can see some straight ends still. You curl pattern looks beautiful tho. It looks to me that it is a 4a hair type, however, our curl type can change during the transitioning phase. It will settle once you go through the transition and after being fully natural for a while don't worry (it was the same with me).

Another thing is, is normal to have more than one hair type in your head, some people even have 3 hair types. This is the beauty of curly hair.

all the best and keep strong in your journey.
    CurlyRosss

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file