The Spiraling: not curls but into shamed shopping cart manic mall moisture madness. S.O.S Im 2B ADD
Well hello again. Here I am again and again and again and thus The Grand Spiraling begins! The spiral into hair hell shopping mall manic mamba no. 5! I hit this curled and tangled web every time I start a new regimen (which is often because Im struggling). My theory is, and maybe I can help another curled mess, I have ADD. BIG SURPRISE RIGHT? SIKE!! For any of you that have interacted with me it likely isn’t. But to CLARIFY further, Ill break down what happens in my gnarled high poo brain:
A. I feel pretty confident. I take the tests, I read, I search, but then I keep searching and I keep reading and....the spiral begins. So then I just go shoppppppinng (not very smart if you are already frustrated).
B. Im in the fluorescent aisles of confusion again. I just read everything and I even wrote it all down! But why am I here for an hour, buying products that I dont actually need..again? Really...who knows...but if any of you struggle like this I feel for waved minds of my knotted sistas. My theories go as such:
C. We have an idea but its not narrowed down because we struggle with narrowing anything down. So instead of a clear list, it’s a jumbled mess: "coarse, fine, no poo, spray, toss, protein, hard water, what’s my frizz type again, whats my name again, where’s the chocolate, oh hey a cute guy, waiiiitt to clarify silicone who?” You get the point!
D. You are in it now. There's little to no hope. You are in the coconut buttered slide shooting off into the pool of argan gel, you’re stuck but oh yes still moving. Now you have an, oh just a RIDICUOOUS pile of a jumbled assortment of products that used to be you’re “list”. And then it hits you, "Oh gosh its Sally! Poor Sally the clerk. Oh Golly, I just did this to her last week when I attempted to clarify and begin AGAIN, annnnnndd you jut returned all those other products, and we both know (as you slowly approach her registers with the squeaky wheels of shame cart) that you will be back again. With the dang squeaky shame cart, and your straggly waves, because alas…this is your condition..er.
Well there it is! If you can help, oh dear every holy grail help! If you can relate, let us commiserate and support one and another with our curly distracted frizz ball tips of trying to stay on track. I can offer this: a comprised list of questions or situations I struggle with and how to consolidate a routine and product line. Whheeeewww! I kind of feel better. Thank you all who have already been there for me. When Im famous for my wavy locks, I shall remember all you early curl crusaders. Here it goes: AND IF YOUR A TOP CANOPY HIGH POROSITY, BOTTOM LOW POROSITY, FRIZZY, MEDIUM DENSITY, MEDIUM THICKNESS, TYPE 2B and want to just hold my greased up hand, please just jot down ALL YOUR curl secrets with steps, I would forever be indebted as your curl Padawon for life.
1. Searching for products: Trying to find the clump but leaving in a slump. Looking for clarifying shampoo then finding yourself muddled in 3 youtube videos and 12 open tabs all having nothing to do with shampoo!! How do you stay focused on the one topic of your hair pattern, type, product till you find your Holy Grail for all steps? Of course this is after doing it multiple times and trials and error.
2. No poo, low poo, poo poo.....sulfuuu...deep breath. How do you wash it all away and pick a shampoo regimen?
3. Conditioner...oh conditioner...you've been my only friend. You’ve been slip slidey supportive this whole time....but then we take a a sharp turn down the moisture coaster.....Detangler? Do we use this? Do we need this? Which one to use and how?
4. Leave in...this is where the all you can squish buffet comes in with waaayy to much touching and frizz and Bride of Frankenstein exit stage left please. How to narrow down application of products?
5. The drama ensues: To squish not to squish? Somewhere over the rainbow clip? West Side Poros- A- Story? Im at my split end. How to narrow down what works for styling your hair?
This is much, but Im sure, I just stuck the pic in the scalp but I did it for my other ADD wavy girls! Lets us ride that wave into the sunset curls of tomorrow. Thank you for anyone that is brave enough to read this. Thank you.