Changing Color Brands

curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
my stylist of ten plus years is retiring from doing hair to be stay at home mom. She’s been using Goldwell on my hair and it’s been ideal.  Now I have 3 months to find another stylist that uses Goldwell, which is proving hard to find as I live in a small town. Would it be difficult to to match my color if I switch to someone using a different brand?  What are similar quality brands to look for?  Thx!!
3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
Jessicurl styling in summer
Natures Gate poo & condish
Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've never used goldwell. But I highly suggest you get the color name your stylist uses such as 6r (level 6 red) or 8n (level 8 neutral). It will have a number with a few letters or one letter. That will help match to another brand the easiest way. As far as quality, you probably won't notice a difference with another brand.
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thx!  She said she would write down the formula for me. I have no idea what other brands are of same quality 
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Brands are typically ingrained instylists depending on what school they attended. Many stylists attended a redken school so they believe redken is the best. Honestly, any professional brand will work. As long as it's not boxed dye, you probably won't notice a difference in quality. The only difference you may notice is fading time if you have hair color that fades.
  • elmaasheley147elmaasheley147 Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I never ever tried Goldwell products, I am using Regenepure products, I am using this six-month ago, I bought it from Regenepure coupons, It suits on my skin because having allergy from many hair products. 
  • tami3761tami3761 Posts: 16Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

What Brown Hair Color May Be Best With My Skin Complexion?

Hello, 

What light brown hair color would look best with my skin complexion?  I'm not sure what brown hair color to choose.  I would like a lighter hair color that is brown to light brown.  Also, what skin color category do I fall into?  Light-Skin, Brown-Skin, or Dark-Skin?

Here is a picture of my skin color:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/32794641688/in/dateposted-ff/
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @tami3761, I suggest a dark brown, like a chestnut.  Try to avoid matching your hair to your skin too much - I think a good contrast between hair and skin looks best.  And if you try that and decide it's still too dark, you can always go lighter the next time.  
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • tami3761tami3761 Posts: 16Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited February 10
    Thank you for replying.  But I was also wondering what my skin tone is also.  Is it Light-skin, Brown or Medium-Skin, or Dark-Skin?  It would help with hair coloring and makeup. I would appreciate anyone's help.  Thank you.

Here is the link to a picture again:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/32794641688/in/dateposted-ff/

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @tami3761, you might get better answers from someone who works at Sephora or Mac.  They have experience with matching foundations to skin tones and will have a better idea of light/medium/dark skin tones, and they've also been trained to look for undertones.   Personally, I'd say you're medium.  There are people who are a lot darker than you, and also people who are a lot lighter, so I guess you fall somewhere in between.  
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • elmaasheley147elmaasheley147 Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I never ever tried Goldwell, I tried Regenepure products, I changed my hair color before 6 months ago, I bought it from , It suits on my skin because having allergy from mostly hair products. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file