please help, idk what to do.

akitacakesakitacakes Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Ive tried everything. And when i tell you everything, I mean everything.

Whatever I do, my hair is till this lifeless mild wave, when i know that my hair is naturally 2b-2c. Sometimes i can even get as low as a 1c.

I have no idea what im doing wrong; Here’s my routine.

1. Get in the shower and give my hair a head massage to my scalp to remove build up and other dirt
2. Cleanse w/ deva curl delight low-poo
3. Condition w/ devacurl one condition delight & leave in for 5 minutes (in shower cap)
4.  Apply water to nape of check and squish to condition (then i rinse)
5. Apply conditioner to my ends heading towards mid-shaft (detangling & raking)
6. Quickly Dip hair into water flow (shower)
7. apply deva curls wave maker all over my hair ( praying hands )
8. Spray hair with a water bottle & scrunch ultra defining gel  (scrunch + pump) 
9. Plop with a cotton t-shirt for 20 minutes
10. diffuse

and yes, i do clarify. with Cantu’s ACV rinse ( i clarified today.)

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Have you always used these products? Or did the problems start after you switched products?

For clarifying, I personally am a little skeptical that a shampoo without a sulfate can really strip build-up. I think that something like the Cantu is probably good for clarifying more frequently (like once a week or every other week), but if you're having problems, I would suggest using a simple sulfate shampoo without silicones, just once, to make sure that the build-up is gone. Then you know that if you're still having problems, it's something besides build-up.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Do you remember what you did different to your hair when it was 2c?
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • akitacakesakitacakes Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Therese1 said:
    Have you always used these products? Or did the problems start after you switched products?

For clarifying, I personally am a little skeptical that a shampoo without a sulfate can really strip build-up. I think that something like the Cantu is probably good for clarifying more frequently (like once a week or every other week), but if you're having problems, I would suggest using a simple sulfate shampoo without silicones, just once, to make sure that the build-up is gone. Then you know that if you're still having problems, it's something besides build-up.
    Thanks, I’ll try to clarifying shampoo.

And no, my
    old routine used to be she’s moistures curl enhancing smoothie + ultra defining gel, but that never worked for me either
  • akitacakesakitacakes Posts: 12Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Do you remember what you did different to your hair when it was 2c?
    unfortunately, no. To be quite honest with you i’m pretty sure i used no products at all, but that was years ago; before all the damage with sulfates and silicones. ( I have no chemical / color / and have only straightened my hair maybe once or twice ) I just am having such a hard time bouncing back with my curls. I’ve seen absolutely no progress.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Definitely clarify and see if makes a difference. If not, drop the wavemaker since a lot of people don't like that product. Try again. If not, you may be protein sensitive which DevaCurl has a lot of protein in their products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file