Shampoos for 3a hair, daily use

omgsingeromgsinger Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello! I’ve been trying to find a nice shampoo and conditioner set that works well with my hair for a little while, I finally found a good conditioner (Tressmme Botanique) but the shampoo (or, hopefully not, the conditioner) that goes with it is drying out my hair/making it fall out SO MUCH. I’ve found I have to shampoo every other day/every third day, so I’m looking for some options that won’t dry out my hair. 

Comments

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    The best shampoo for curly hair is a low sulfate or sulfate free shampoo. It's the sulfates in shampoos that dry out your hair.

Do you use hair products with silicons? I am not sure if the Tressmme Botanique has them in it.  But, if you are using products with silicons, these shampoos won't clean your hair.   Sulfates are the only thing that can clean non-soluble silicone
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Are you following the CG method?  The Tresemme conditioner is CG, but the shampoo is not.  It's difficult to find a shampoo that's sulfate and silicone free and also gentle at drug store prices. 

If you can find Giovanni, there's a few that are good - 50:50, Smooth as Silk, Tea Tree.  Not Your Mother's Naturals has several - just make sure you get one from the "Natural" line and not their regular NYM. 

If you don't mind ordering online or from a salon - there's Deva Low Poo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather, or any of the Innersense cleansers (I'm not sure which of those are foamy and which are creamy).
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited November 2018
    I've used the Deva Low Poo and really like it.   I would actually suggest Jessicurl's Cleansing Cream.  It's a bit more cleansing than the the Low Poo and but more moisturizing than the Gentle Lather.    They all give me nice slip and good lather.  JessiCurl sells samples for $1 on their website along with travel size bottles of everything :)  

I've never used the NYMN shampoo, but have heard good things about it (and I love the other products in the line).

Again, these are only good shampoos if the rest of your products are silicone and wax free. 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited November 2018
    Agree with the above. The tresseme shampoo most definitely has sulfates. It's probably that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file