Please help, I have no idea what my hair type is

oceankascurlsoceankascurls Posts: 32Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
so I have absultely no idea what type I am, sometimes it's more wavy than this, sometimes it's more curly depending on the weather and I dunno the stars I guess. I also wanna know what products I should use or what routine I should do to make my curls more defined. Thanks!
2B, 2C, 3A | low porosity | high density | medium-course

Shower Products:
Conditoner: Innersense Hydrating Cream
Cleanser: Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
Clarifying Shampoo: Noughty Detox Dynamo
Deep Conditioner: Nougthty To The Rescue

Styling Products:
Volumizing Foam: Innersense 'I Create Lift'
Cream: Davroe Curl Creme Definer
Finishing Spray: Innersense 'I Create Finish'(looking for a new one)
Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious/Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha

Best Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome!  I'd say it's 2b.  I'd suggest using very light products without a lot of oils and butters.  What works for one head of hair won't necessarily work for others, so it's all about experimenting.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Like Guide suggested, you have 2b hair but I strongly suspect you are really 2c. First thing I'd recommend is reading the curly girl handbook and/or researching the curly girl method.
    You should be using a sulfate free shampoo and good conditioner. For stylers, it's all about preference. If you have dry hair, I would suggest a leave in + gel OR cream.
    Is your hair virgin? If so, your hair will be much more easier to care for. Let us know more about your lifestyle (ie if you want an easy quick routine, whether you workout, etc), what you like and don't like in hair products, what your hair goals are, and we can help give product suggestions, styling techniques, etc.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I would stick to a sulfate free shampoo and perhaps wash every other day if you are used to washing everyday. If not, stick to your current washing schedule.
    For styling, I would use a leave in and gel. Be sure to let it dry completely before crunching out the crunch.
    On work out days, if you feel you just wash your hair, I would cowash. But this is personal preference. If you choose not to wash your hair, a lavender water mix will help clean your scalp. A dry shampoo can also be used.
    If you dont like your hair in the mornings, get a set of updos you can do quickly so you arent ever frustrated with yor hair.
    I do suggest the curly girl handbook as it can give more tips and ideas than I can spout right now.

Answers

• oceankascurlsoceankascurls Posts: 32Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @BrittanyM I dont know how to directly respond to comments so this is the best I got, but I have medium-oily hair and I've also dyed it quite alot however am growing out my natural colour. I also do workout and have no problem with a more extensive routine if it'll get my curls/waves looking good! thank you so much by the way.

Shower Products:

Styling Products:

• oceankascurlsoceankascurls Posts: 32Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @BrittanyM thank-you so much, very helpful:)

Shower Products:

Styling Products:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file