I Hope Everyone Has A Wonderful Thanksgiving Tomorrow...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
If not with family, at least with good friends. 
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you, you too, Lotsa!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thank you! :)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yes, hope you all enjoy!
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have 5 days off. Went to my annual TSO concert yesterday. Today will be a peaceful day home alone. Long hot bath, jammie pants, books and movies, and a pot of sauce on the stove.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, it was pretty good for not being home or around family. Spent it with some new friends. I still definitely am not liking people in general these days lol. I am glad I went out and had turkey. But wouldve been fine curled up on my warm couch eating delivery and watching a movie.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Mine was horrible. My dog got hurt and is now paralyzed. When he stopped eating and drinking I thought i'd have to put him down. He's doing a little better now. Just a really awful situation. I'd post about it at length in the pet thread but I'm sure the handful of ppl who still participate will see it here.

Oh gosh, spider Lashes! I’m so sorry and am glad he is improving. Of course, things like that have to happen on a holiday which makes access to a vet more difficult.
    i hope he continues to improve. Take care of the little guy and also take care of yourself.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    SL, I'm so sorry to hear that.  How scary!  Poor baby.  Hope he will continue getting better.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Hope he's doing ok spider, what on earth happened to him? Jed had the day at the vet last Friday, on a drip, numerous tests, injections, tablets, none the wiser as to what was wrong with him but there was definitely something very wrong. He's good now, thankfully, as we're going away in a fortnight and I was somewhat panicking.
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Spider and Starmie - I hope both of your dogs are doing better! 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Starmie said:
    Hope he's doing ok spider, what on earth happened to him? Jed had the day at the vet last Friday, on a drip, numerous tests, injections, tablets, none the wiser as to what was wrong with him but there was definitely something very wrong. He's good now, thankfully, as we're going away in a fortnight and I was somewhat panicking.
    Glad jed is doing better!
    It was the strangest thing with Sampson! We woke up and everything was normal. Went downstairs and let him out for his first potty of the day. He wasn't outside for three minutes and I heard a horrible screaming and yelping sound. I thought maybe he had gotten a hold of a cat or some other animal. I looked out the window and he was way out in the yard, just kind of flopping and twisting around on the ground. As if in a fight. But I didn't see any other animal. Our yard is completely fenced, 6' high. In a second or so he stopped yelping and tried to come back to the house. But he couldn't get off the ground. He just started to drag himself by his front legs. We have a lot of leaves and the way he was positioned on the ground (and still thinking he had been in a fight), it looked as if something had eaten his entire body below the waist. I was terrified and screaming, like my mind was playing tricks on me. He dragged himself up to the back door and just lay down. And everything was paralyzed from the waist down. The x-ray said nothing was broken but when he hadn't eaten or drank or moved or relieved himself in two days, I was just going to have him put down. I needed my exhusband to bring the kids back early so they could say goodbye. But then when they got there, I saw the tiniest little tail wag. It's been 8 days now and he is on a steroid and can get around somewhat on three legs but one leg just drags. I had a chiropractic appt scheduled for last night but it got cancelled. i'm going to ask for a referral for physical therapy. A $10,000 surgery is an option but nothing is guaranteed. I doubt I would do that, tho. He doesn't appear to be in pain. I think he had what is called a "spinal stroke." I just hope he regains use of that leg; he seems so miserable not able to run around and go upstairs. So sad to see him like this.

Oh gosh, SL. That's super scary. I hope he continues to improve. I thought pinched nerve and have never heard of spinal stroke. I hope both your dog and Starmies Jed continue to improve. It's absolutely heartwrenching when our animals go through stuff like that.
    Oh Spider, that sounds awful, I hope he improves, though dogs do adapt and he might get used to managing on three legs.
    Jed just wouldn't eat, very sleepy, then started shaking and looked terrified. He vomited after I'd rang the vet and stopped shaking then but had absolutely no energy, I had to lift him in and out of the car (no mean feat with my back issues). I felt sick about the whole thing and it was nothing like as bad as what you had to go through so sending hugs to you both.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file