Help! my hair is straightening on half my head

Wendy.JohnsoWendy.Johnso Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
When I was 13 my hair went from straight and now At 43 I am going from curly to straight. I have been following the curly girl method for about 5 years and I learned to love my hair. I cut it shorter and now half my hair is just wavy. Does anyone else have this issue what do I do? Any ideas or advice?

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It looks like it still falls on the curly side. Our hair can change pattern throughout our life, and hormones may be an issue in the change.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,706Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    That's a really cute cut!  Have you just had it done?  My hair seems to act weird after getting cut.  It takes a could weeks for it to settle down.  You might just need a little time.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,464Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have this issue. The hair on the sides of my face is less curly than on the back of my head, and the hair on the sides is also less dense and less thick (less coarse). Most people have a variety of curl patterns on their head. 

I try to add a little extra hard-hold gel to my less curly parts and make sure that I don't overcondition them. That helps a bit. But if I really want them to look curlier, I usually have to touch them up with a curling iron. 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file