Stlyist used thinning shears

JcurlayJcurlay Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
hi, I’m a guy who’s been growing out my hair for about a year now. Around the 8 month I went for a trim and the stylist started to use thinning shears on my hair. I didn’t know the consequences of this because I never had long hair. It’s been 3 or 4 month since and my hair has recovered a little but still lost a lot of my curl pattern. Should I continue to let it grow or go to another place for a trim? 

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk.  How long is your hair now? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • JcurlayJcurlay Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen said:
    Welcome to CurlTalk.  How long is your hair now? 
    Thanks! unfortunately I don't have a proper way to measure the length but I'd say the top is 8 or 9 inches while the sides are 6. I started out with the hair on top slightly longer. Here are some photos.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Oh, it's beautiful. I'd hate to cut that. Do you use any styling product? It might help with some of those flyaways.  You might like Rusk Wired or AG Re:coil. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • JcurlayJcurlay Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited November 2018
    Gretchen said:
    Oh, it's beautiful. I'd hate to cut that. Do you use any styling product? It might help with some of those flyaways.  You might like Rusk Wired or AG Re:coil. 

I been using Carol's Daughter Shampoo and Conditioner and then As I am Leave in. I think i will just continue to let the hair do its own thing and grow it. Ill check out your product recommendations
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Since you want to grow out your hair, I would continue to do so if you don't have any problems. I'm just joining to say that I cringe every time I read thinning shears. There are better methods to use to remove bulk if someone feels their hair is too thick. If your stylist only used them at the ends, you may not notice any difference but definitely don't let someone thin out the ends every time you get your hair cut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file