Review: Curl Junkie's Spiral Lotion

tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
edited November 2018 in Readers' Product Reviews
What I Was Using Previously: JessieCurl's Rockin Ringlets Styling Potion

Why I'm Trying Spiral Lotion: 
I am looking for a curl enhancer that offers more moisture than what I am currently using.  I have trouble retaining moisture, which results in a halo of coarse frizz.  Any attempt to get that frizz to rejoin the rest of my curls and make them touchable again on refresh days typically leaves my hair feeling dirty with products.  Simply put, I often hate touching my hair and I think the lack of moisture is the problem  I also need products that are protein and coconut oil free.

Problems with most creams: Most creams leave my hair looking greasy and weigh down my curls

How I'm Using Spiral Lotion: 
A dime size (maybe a little more) in soaking wet hair with praying hands after my leave in and before my gel. I scrunch after each product. 

Review:
Off the bat, I hated that it was fragrance-free.  All fragrance-free products smell like plastic to me.  I've been using Spiral Lotion for about two weeks (3 co-washes, 1 low poo) and have had consistent results every time.  Spiral Lotion did exactly what I was hoping it would do!   Not only was my hair not greasy or weighed down, but I was able to use it on refresh day, 2, 3, AND 4!  I am rarely happy with refresh day, and anything past day two is done begrudgingly.  For the first time since going CG (March 2018), not only am I happy with my refresh day, I don't want to wash my hair in fear of losing the great hair I've been having!   It leaves my curls soft  & "plump" with moisture.  I definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a little more moisture but can't handle heavy products

The one downside of Spiral Lotion is that it doesn't enhance my curls like Rockin Ringlets does.  I am a pretty solid 2c/3a.  Rockin Ringlets really help elevate my curls to be 3a curls.    My hair, as a whole, looks more 2c with Spiral Lotion.   That being said,  I am so happy with the quality of my hair, I don't mind letting them be their natural Type 2 selves :)  
2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for sharing! I've never tried Curl junkie but I think they make the most beloved curl rehab.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    BrittanyM said:
    Thanks for sharing! I've never tried Curl junkie but I think they make the most beloved curl rehab.
    I bought Curl Rehab with the Spiral Lotion because everyone loves it.  I am honestly not a fan.  NYMN's $8.99 DC does more for my hair than the curl rehab!  :#
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have a list of hair products I want to try in the future (it curbs my need to go out and buy something immediately); I added that Masque a while ago to the list when I saw you mention it in another forum. Curk rehab is pricy so im more likely to buy the NYM Masque. Thanks for your opinion! I won't feel like I'm missing out anymore. Haha.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    The price of products and where they are sold really suck sometimes.  It makes you think that something must be better because it has a higher price point or sold at a more premium store. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file