Curls lose definition and get frizzy at the end of the day

AleesalouAleesalou Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello! I have been using the CG method for about a month. I am really loving how much more I love my hair! I can already see some improvment. The issue I am facing is by the end of the day my hair just looks frizzy and lots of curls have gone straight. I love my hair in the morning and wish it would look half as good in the evening. Any tips? 

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  I fight with this problem so much!  All the time!  First, make sure you're using enough gel.  You really need to use a lot to make your curls last.  You might also want to look into a protein treatment.  Protein adds strength to the hair, makes it stiffer.  So if your hair is already kind of stiff, you might not need it.  But if your hair is fine and feels limp, it'll help a lot. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Second gel. It keeps my curls in tact for days.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have the same issue!  I second @Guide 65 suggestion of making sure you are using enough gel.  Also depending on where you live, you might want a gel with humectants or avoid humectants all together!  Here is a really good Naturally Curly article that explains humectants and how it can help/cause frizz.

What has also helped me reduce my "end of day frizz" is adding moisture to my routine.  So if you are not using a leave-in conditioner, maybe try one.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file