Whats my hairtype

Ihateclowns7Ihateclowns7 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Ive been trying to find out my hairtype for some time because i just like curly hair so ive been on here looking at the different types of hair and articles and really couuldnt find anything that really helped meso im gonna adk my questions here. Ive taken the hair quiz and did it about 6 times about 3 on coily and 3 on curly-coily and i got 3c and 4a everytime but i cant see my curl pattern. Idk if me picking my hair out is a part of the reason i cant see it but i just cant. So i stopped picking my hair about 1 and a half weeks ago and i can feel little ringlets forming. I also could feel t hem before i stopped picking my hair when i put certain products in my head and i could kind of see them in the back of the top of my head. So i want to know if its bad to pick my hair and if picking my hair was the reason i couldnt see any curl pattern.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    It's not bad to use a pick in your hair.  It's more of a style thing.  If you like how it looks after you use the pick, then go ahead and do it.  But if you're looking for more defined curls, then don't.  Either way, it won't damage your hair, it'll just change the look of it.

No one can tell you what your hair type is if we can't see it.  And really - it doesn't matter.  Most likely we'll tell you the same - either 3c or 4a.  It's not an exact science, it's just a matter of looking at your hair and comparing it to others and guessing.  We all have multiple curl types on our head, and sometimes multiple curl types throughout the day or week. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • AndMarieMooreAndMarieMoore Posts: 17Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited November 2018
    Do you have a picture you can show us?

You can have more than one hair type and it can change later on depending on what you do with your hair. 
  • Ihateclowns7Ihateclowns7 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

You can have more than one hair type and it can change later on depending on what you do with your hair. 
    So what could i do to make them start to change
  • cnic216cnic216 Posts: 157Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

If your hair is damaged now, it most likely will have a looser curl pattern. As your hair gets healthier, the curls may become tighter and more defined. So if you're a 3c/4a now with damaged hair, proper care might bring you all the way into the 4's. But like @Guide 65 said, it's not an exact science and not really as important as other aspects of your hair like porosity or density. If you can show us a picture of your hair, we can try to tell you what your curl type is and give you some options as to how to best care for it. 
  • Ihateclowns7Ihateclowns7 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    cnic216 said:

If your hair is damaged now, it most likely will have a looser curl pattern. As your hair gets healthier, the curls may become tighter and more defined. So if you're a 3c/4a now with damaged hair, proper care might bring you all the way into the 4's. But like @Guide 65 said, it's not an exact science and not really as important as other aspects of your hair like porosity or density. If you can show us a picture of your hair, we can try to tell you what your curl type is and give you some options as to how to best care for it. 
    Ill try to send a picture but its really short so i dont know if thats one reason i cant tell what it is
    cnic216 said:

Ill try to send a picture but its really short so i dont know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file