Has anyone tried the Bouncecurl Super Smooth conditioner as a Deep conditioner?

StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 85Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I was eyeying to get new products and have heard so much from this company's signature conditoner. I know they have a Hydradrench conditioner but I'm not looking for what is essentially a co-wash as its not something I aim to do often since my scalp becomes irritated and itchy, I just use a super gentle shampoo such as the Shea Moisture Curl and Shine shampoo since it can clean effectively without drying my hair out.

Anyways, besides the point, I wanted to know if this has worked well as a protein Free DC for anyone, especially those with 3c medium-coarse hair, mostly medium, but anyone can opinionate as it helps me deduce what to do. I tried checking around and rarely people mention the conditioner, only their staple Gel which I am also thinking of getting despite the protein it has which I've learned to manage and counteract its stiffening/ drying effects.My hair doesnt mind aloe vera though so it isn't an issue.

I'm really just curious to know if it can function as a duo purpose quick rinse out DC like the Ouidad Ultra Nourishing Intense Hydration Mask that needs only like 3-5 minutes to do enough for the winter season thats coming soon.

Yes I am aware that it says required moisture, however i wanted to know if it's really "required" moisture or if it's actually really moisturizing.

Answers

• StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 85Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Ugh again with my long posts! Sorry to anyone! But i just want to get all info out to get the most info in return.
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can use any conditioner as a deep conditioner, the trick is how long you leave it on. Some people will add a little bit of oil to their regular conditioner when using it to DC, to boost the moisture level and add some other benefits that my sleep fuddled mind can't think of.
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file