Hot air brush?

AdriennefAdriennef Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Has anyone used a hot air brush? I tried the InStyler with awful results - it got stuck, made a mess of my thick, coarse 2B hair.
I tried a "hot air" brush that only made my hair puffy and frizzy - not enough power for my texture. Assuming those heated paddle brushes would do the same.
Has anyone tried a round brush with a heated barrel that also blows hot air?
Something for the days when I want a sleeker look.. FWIW I have never been able to successfully use a curling iron.
Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,171 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Adriennef I was never successfully able to use a curling iron either, and I tried several.  What worked for me was the Conair Instant Heat Styling Brush in 1&1/4 inches. It does NOT blow out hot air.  Your hair must be dry before using it.  It was suggested to me here on curltalk.   I got wonderful results with it, sleek, bouncy, shiny waves, but I don't like to use it because I think it is damaging to hair, in the same way curling irons are damaging, although less so.  If it weren't for the damaging aspect, I'd use it all the time because the waves last for days and no frizz.  
    If you aren't very afraid of damaging your hair by using any type of hot tool, it's probably worth your while to invest in the Conair 1&1/4.  It's about $17 on Amazon.  If you try it, please let us know if it works for you.  Good luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file