Hello!

fselvakumarfselvakumar Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited November 2018 in Introductions
If you asked me ten years ago if I would be joining a secret (public) online curly hair society, I would have laughed in your face. Yet, here I am, writing my first post on NaturallyCurly.com, and I'm excited! So here's a little bit about me. I'm Francine, I have 3B curls, and I'm a curly hair enthusiast! My entire life revolved around my hair. When I was 11 years old, I was constantly bullied about my thick curly hair. I was bullied so much I wouldn't even go to school. I envied straight hair. I wanted my hair to be straight so much that I begged my mom to buy me a straightener. I would straighten my hair every week, trying to kill anything that resembled a ringlet. My hair started to become dry and brittle, and split ends became a thing. This went on for a few years until I was about 14 or so when my stylist recommended to use hair mousse. So I tried it, and loved it. Though in highschool, I fluctuated between curly hair and straight hair. I experimented with color, did a keratin treatment, and basically everything I can to torture my hair so it would look "look nice."I think by junior year to freshmen year of college, I just constantly straightened my chemically processed, dead hair over and over again. It wasn't until my sophmore year roommate saw me for the first time with my curls right out of the shower and scolded me to change my behaviors. 

And that's how this two year journey began. My roommate stressed to not use my straightener anymore and to instead invest in products to make my curls look good.  For a while, I dismissed her comments, until I came across a certain Ayesha Malik DevaCurl routine on YouTube. I could not believe it. There was a girl with the most beautiful curls I have ever seen, and thats what put my journey from initiation to drive. I invested in all sorts of curly hair products, until I finally settled on DevaCurl, like Ayesha. I was determined. I got myself a DevaCut in January to start the year off fresh, and experimented with all different types of DevaCurl products. I finally settled on a routine that really works for me. The night before I wash my hair, I mix castor oil and peppermint oil together and apply it on my scalp. Sometimes my scalp feels inflamed, so this helps calm it down, plus it stimulates hair growth! I then mix coconut oil and my secret ingredient, amla powder, and apply it all over my hair and I sleep in it. The next morning, I wash it out with NoPoo Decadence and apply One Condtion Decadence. I rinse my hair for a few seconds with cool water and immediately apply two squirts of B'Leavin. To give my hair some length, I use the DevaCurl Curl Elongator cream and top it off with a few pumps of Ultra Defining Gel. I then let it air dry for the rest of the day, and voila! Amazing curls!

I now get so many compliments on my hair on a daily basis, that I thought it was finally time to make an account here! My ultimate goal is to look like a curly hair goddess with curls flowing all the way down to my waist. It is still a process but I am working on it! I'm still trying to figure out how to upload my pictures and change my profile from 2A to 3B. I could use the assistance haha. Anyone have any questions, please let me know! 

Pre Poo: Castor oil, peppermint oil, coconut oil and amla powder
Shampoo: DevaCurl NoPoo Decadence
Conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition Decadence
Leave In: DevaCurl B'Leavin
Styling: DevaCurl Curl Elongator Cream and Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  It's so nice to hear stories about embracing your curly hair!

There's some problems with the profile page.  I wouldn't worry about the curl type too much - no one sees it unless they go to your profile page.  You can add your info into the signature which displays on every post you make.  It's much more visible there.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome @fselvakumar!  We're so glad to have you here at CurlTalk.  So glad you're loving your curls!  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!
  • elmaasheley147elmaasheley147 Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Welcome Dear. 
  • MichelleMichelle Administrator Posts: 742Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome! We're so glad you joined our curly community!
    Michelle
    co-founder
    NaturallyCurly.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file