newbie curly here

Fernandoooo38Fernandoooo38 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I'm a newbie curly, ive been living my whole life that my curls infront were just frizzy straight hairs. Now that I know I have curly hair I really need some help with my kick starter because products are really not being friendly and are giving me a bad time.  

Hair Type:cant tell but its curly in the front and decurls as it goes to the back
Hair circumference:coarse
Hair porosity:low porosity
hair density:thick

Answers

• Fernandoooo38Fernandoooo38 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I forgot to mention I'm having problems with dry ends
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,629Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    edited November 3
    Welcome!  How do you care for your hair now?  What products do you use?  It's easier for us to give you help if we know what you're doing.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Fernandoooo38Fernandoooo38 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @Guide 65
    im using the ogx hydrate and repair argan oil of morocco line(shampoo, conditioner, and oil) the oil is what keeps my hair going into a frizzy mess but the shampoo feels too stripping even tho I apply a little bit and the conditioner is way too thick in my opinion just lays ontop it my hair 🤦‍♂️ My hair is also very protein sensitive
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,629Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ok, that's a good start!  Have you ever tried cowashing?  This is a method of cleaning your hair without shampoo.  You use conditioner to scrub your scalp (scrub gently, using fingertips only and not your nails).  Then continue scrubbing as you rinse it out.  A pretty good conditioner for this (and cheap and easy to find) is Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish conditioner. 

After you cowash and rinse it all off, you can use a tiny bit to use as a leave in conditioner.  I'd start with a pea-sized amount to spread through your hair. 

You might want to shampoo once in a while - maybe every week or every month. 

Try that and see how it works.  If you need to step it up, you can try using some gel.  A good cheap one is LA Looks Extreme Sports Gel.  It gives you the wet crunchy look, so after your hair is completely dry, just run your fingers through to loosen it up.  It should be soft and nicely curled when you're done.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    @Guide 65
    I’m currently doing Co-Wash every other day but my hair doesn’t cooperate with the conditioner that well do it ends I do apply gently with my fingertips but my hair just won’t budge to it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file