NEED HELP BADLY

diego skskdiego sksk Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Every since I was baby I had curly hair but for someone reason disappeared and turned straight all of a sudden my hair started curl. Recently my hair is curling maybe because I’m growing out my hair I’m not sure🤷🏽‍♂️. I have also changed my head soap to argan oil. My problem is that I only have ONE goldilock stand ONLY one which fluctuates going away and reappearing time to time. I don’t have a routine for doing my hair . I don’t have any type of liquids or gel. I also air dry my hair. Dandruff and frizz are another problem as well. If anyone could give me a guide or steps do having goldilock then please do so🙏. At this point I’m thinking of just getting a perm

Comments

• diego skskdiego sksk Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I also don’t know if my hair curly or just wavy🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  First thing to do is stop washing your hair with soap.  Soap is for your body - shampoo is for your hair!  Then follow that up with a conditioner.  Apply it, make sure it's distributed well, then let it sit while you finish your other shower stuff, then rinse it all off.  If you start treating your hair a little nice, you might start seeing more curls!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @diego sksk! Glad you've joined us. 

Spend some time reading this website; there's a ton of information that will help you bring out your curls!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Kalascrafts16Kalascrafts16 Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I'm going natural and i washed my hair with non sulfate products and now my hair is greasy and i need help
  • cnic216cnic216 Posts: 157Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Kalascrafts16 Is this your first time shampooing with a sulfate free shampoo? If so, I'm thinking that the greasiness is either your scalp adjusting to the mild cleanser or it's the technique you're using to wash  your hair. 

Sulfates are very harsh and can dry out your scalp, so your scalp overproduces oils to keep your hair moisturized. Sulfate free shampoos are obviously much more mild and don't strip your hair of the natural oils that keep your hair moisturized. So, you've got overproduction of oils right now because your scalp is so used to having to do that. Give it a couple more washes to calm down and go from there. Also, since sulfates are so harsh, most aren't used to having to really get in their scalp and massage to break up the oils, dirt, and products that accumulate on our scalp. When using a sulfate free shampoo, make sure to really massage your scalp with the tips of your fingers to break everything up. Some people find that using a shampoo brush also helps with this. Good luck! 
  • LuthfaLuthfa Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    hey guys. I messed up my hair. today is suposed to be wash day and deep conditioning. i was getting late for work so i skipped deep conditioning and afterwards i used deva curl decadence leave in, my deva curl super cream was almost out so i added a lil bit water to it, and maui moisture curl quench. something went wrong, my hair is so dry and frizzy. i planing to do a deep conditioning treatment today. will it be okayy to do it cause i already washed my hair with cleanser and conditioner. ?
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    100% okay to deep condition! 

I wonder if your hair is acting that way because you used less than normal super cream.  The super cream helps reduce that dry frizzy look.  
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file