How Did Your DIY Conditioner Work?

Andrea'sCurlyAndrea'sCurly Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello! :)  I just wanted to share how amazing this DIY Yogurt Mask worked for me. I was VERY hesitant before, during, and a bit after the process...but after my hair completely dried-- it was WOW! And, lasted and lasted (@3 days for me).

My hair was completely moisturized...and, so soft!

The recipe calls for a bit more olive oil than my hair likes. I eventually thoroughly rinsed my hair TWICE-- it still stretched my definition in places and a few areas were wimpy until they completely dried. I will try it again using only half the amount of olive oil and vitamin E. AMAZING. I kept wanting to touch my hair!

Here's my hair...2 hours later & still wet. 

Here's my hair after the end of the day...@8 hours later. So soft! 

I used all organic ingredients:
  • 1 cup organic plain greek yogurt
  • 2 Tbs organic honey
  • 4 Tbs organic extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 drops pure vitamin E

Has anyone tried the Sweet Avocado Deep Conditioner? I'd like to try it next!
  • 1 avocado
  • 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbs honey
I'll use the ingredients as listed, then alter from there...but I think I'll be alright with the oil in this recipe; it only asks for half of what the yogurt mask requires. We'll see!

Hair type: IDC  | porosity: high (semi-permanent color treated) | texture: fine | density: medium/thick   
Regular Wash: the "no poo method" using a leave-in conditioner or just water. 
Deep Conditioning: ACV followed by ApHogee Keratin 2-minute Reconstructor/ApHogee 2-Step Protein Treatment for intense protein. Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Hair Mask, As I Am Hydration Elation. Looking to try 10-n-1 Renewal System Hair Masque
Leave-In Conditioner: Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave-in Conditioner or As I Am Leave-In Conditioner; but still searching
Stylers: Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard, Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly
Refresher: WATER in a spray bottle with a pump of leave-in.  No oils or butters; I do occasionally add 1-2 drops of  pure vitamin E in the spray bottle every now and then; especially after coloring

The CG Method works ~ once I figured out gel is part of the process and...stay in the shower! 

“You can’t cross the sea by merely standing and looking at the water” 
—Rabindranath Tagore

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 882 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Keep us updated. At least you appear to be getting results and can alter ingredients and rations as needed.

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,747Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    But ...... how do you prevent yourself from eating it???

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file