Favorite Sunglass Brand, Color & Shape....

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
I look best in the Cat Eye shape. Light colors don't work for me, so I stick with brown & black.  I have 2 pair of Versace.  One pair I have had for at least 20 years in a brown & recently got a black pair.  My old Versace pair broke at the top.  I tried to have them repaired, but was told becuz of where the break is they couldn't be repaired.  I googled & read to soak the spot in acetone.  It didn't work, plus it ate away the layer on it.  I found some really good glue & was able to repair the crack.  My daughter makes jewelry, so I'm going to see if she can embellish the area.  There is no way I am throwing them away.  LOL 
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm still trying to figure it out. :( 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Ray Bans for me, because of the quality lenses. I change frame style based on what's in style, I guess. Usually brown tortoise shell, though. I get a new pair every few years. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    My ex-husband only wore Ray Bans.  He is a pilot.  He made me wear them & they did not look good on me.  Today, I stay far away from them.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    edited October 2018
    I typically prefer Breakfast at Tiffany's type of sunglasses, but a couple of years ago I lost a pair of sunglasses on a ride at Disneyworld so bought a cheap $20 pair from a kiosk. I felt awkward wearing them outside of the park at first because they are more "eccentric" than what I am used to, but I get so many compliments on the sunglasses, that they have become my favorite! 

2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Right now, it's a $10 pair of men's Foster Grant's from Walmart, lol. I usually go for men's styles because they block more of the light than any women's I've ever tried on. Usually a style like you'll find in the fishing section, and ALWAYS polarized 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

I typically prefer Breakfast at Tiffany's type of sunglasses, but a couple of years ago I lost a pair of sunglasses on a ride at Disneyworld so bought a cheap $20 pair from a kiosk. I felt awkward wearing them outside of the park at first because they are more "eccentric" than what I am used to, but I get so many compliments on the sunglasses, that they have become my favorite! 

I really like these.  My go to sunglasses are heart shaped, gold rimmed.  A stranger on the street, woman, gave them to me.  She said they were love glasses.  Yes, it was a little weird, but I really do love them.  
    From Michael Berg:

• StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't have a favourite brand, I just tend to choose them on whether they suit me or not. Usually not! I don't seem to suit many at all and hate shopping for them. Refuse to spend a lot of money on them too as I know, despite any good intentions I may have, I'll end up treating them roughly. Atm I have some Calvin Kleins I bought in a sale, don't know what style you'd call them.
    3b in South Australia.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    edited October 2018
    I've been wearing variations on this style (frameless, irregular shape) or the last year or two. Or aviators.

Here are the ones I have with me today.

What's the boardie's name who was the major sunglasses collector? She was a regular here forever, but I cannot think of her name at the moment. married, no kids, black dog, administrative professional, MAC lipstick. Someone help me!

I don't remember the poster you are talking about.  So many have left.  Probably still looking in, but not posting.  I use to buy cheap sunglasses, especially the designer replicas, but they didn't last long.  I would rather spend more & get good quality that will last me for many years.  
    From Michael Berg:

My ex-husband only wore Ray Bans.  He is a pilot.  He made me wear them & they did not look good on me.  Today, I stay far away from them.  
    LOL. I can see why. 
    I like the amber lenses. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Super dark Wayfarers for me. With either shiny or matte black frames. Usually around $7-$8 on Ebay. I buy 4-5 pairs at a time. I do have a pair that my boyfriend bought me at a gas station years ago that I love. Wayfarers with bright blue mirrored lenses. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a very hard time finding glasses since most frames are too wide for my face, so I'm limited to maybe a few pairs out of a whole store. Currently I have a cat eye type one by Ralph Lauren and I'm not in love the shape but if fits my face so well and its so comfortable.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't remember the poster you are talking about.  So many have left.  Probably still looking in, but not posting.   
    Just remembered: trbl (or spelled something like that). She collected designer sunglasses.

I remember her!  I don't remember her collecting designer sun glasses.  
    From Michael Berg:

I don't remember the poster you are talking about.  So many have left.  Probably still looking in, but not posting.   
    Just remembered: trbl (or spelled something like that). She collected designer sunglasses.
    Good memory! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • PoochiePoochie Registered Users Posts: 315 Curl Connoisseur
    edited November 2018
    I like the oversized movie-star type.  I get cheap ones as long as they are UV400, because I know I would break or lose expensive ones.  But I have had them last for years, as long as I don't drop them. And I had to pry off the annoying logo on the arm, because my curls kept getting caught in it.
    Cute!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file